Split Shift Bug Out bag

I work and live in a small town in Canada that used to be very well known for a Repertory Shakespearean theatre, until Justin Bieber actually put us on the map…

I currently work part time at a local brewery and the bars at the theatres. During “season” (Apr-Nov) I work, A LOT, and a lot of split shifts in one of four theatres or the brewhouse. And often I have an hour or less to zip between buildings. This is hopefully going to allow me to a- keep my backpack organised and b- take better care of myself.
The big bag (bug out) holds the smaller ones as well as a change of tank top,socks and undies for a quick refresh, clean up has a hair brush, toothbrush and deodorant, not now is for when the inevitable moon time starts, nomnomnom is where the snacks live and drugs… Oh yeah… all the caffeine and ibuprofen… Bring on the spring! I’m ready!

Also-hits a resolution to cut into some of those fabrics I bought cause I loved but didn’t know what to do with! And my first cricut project!

25 Likes

You are going to be the coolest, most organized, split shift worker there is! Nice!

1 Like

Looks like you will be very organized for spring! Love that big, bold fabric!

You work that much and still manage to put out all those quilts? Oh, please, tell me you are really superwoman working in disguise as a barkeeper!! wow!

2 Likes

Beautiful, colourful bags!!

In my mind, your town is still known for its Shakespearean theatre, who cares about that other person :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Not superwoman. Just an average middle aged slothwoman…:rofl:

5 Likes

That username is so misleading. You are super speedy woman at least! All those jobs on top of all that stitching. You are an inspiration!

3 Likes

That’s such a smart idea - I love these!

1 Like

Great idea! I especially like the idea of walking around with a sparkly “drugs” bag :laughing:

SAME. I love that festival and that town and appreciate all the people who work so hard to make it happen. (Hand on heart, I’m wearing a Festival shirt as we speak.)

4 Likes

This is a great idea and they all looks so cool.

3 Likes

Those bags are the best to keep you organized and all that in style :grinning:
YAY for using fabric and for using your cricut! Great job! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I use a multitude of bags inside my other bags to make things easy to find. So for me, this is an envious solution! And the material you choice is such an easy care material! Brilliant!

2 Likes

Great idea to use bag labels! Sparkly no less. If I have multiple bags in my backpack I almost always forget what is in each one.

2 Likes

I wavered on the glitter, but my friends on FB made me see sparkly was the only way to go.

3 Likes

You’re going to be thanking yourself so much come April!

Hahaha. Love “not now.”

1 Like

Love this idea! It would have come in so handy when I was still working in theatre, and often packing my bag for a full day of taking care of not only myself, but my shoplings as well. Awesome job.

1 Like

Great system! That should keep you organized. I used to work 3 jobs in 3 cities. The only way I felt under control was if the laundry was done. It always was.

I live not far from you in the town with two Universities. Can you see me waving? *giggle

1 Like

WOW! You’re ready to hit the ground running!

Congrats on being picked as one of this week’s featured projects! You are AWE-SOME!

1 Like

These are fabulous!!

I absolutely love these! They make me want to be more organized, for sure. The glitter is perfect! Now I want to buy some glitter heat transfer material to make some for myself.