Spools Mini Quilt

@photojenn and I recently did a personal swap, now that’s she’s received I can share what I sent her (see bottom of this post for what I received.) She had the Spools mini quilt by Thimble Blossoms on her Pinterest and it’s a quilt I’ve long wanted to make so that’s what I chose.

The ‘hardest’ part was figuring out what fabrics to use because I wanted it to be in her colours and not something I just put together. Several pictures of fabric pulls, all numbered, were sent, Jenn listed the ones she liked and I went from there (I put hardest in quotes because it wasn’t really hard, more fun and interesting, she didn’t choose what I would have but in the end I loved it)

It looked a bit different depending on the background

Close up of the quilting

AND … what I received in return … we love this towel now that I was brave enough to use it.

25 Likes

Beautiful! I love how bright and cheerful the little spools are.

3 Likes

I might be a bit bias but I love it!! Thanks for pushing me to pick fabrics, I was so stressed about that part :joy: I sent my husband to the hardware store for a dowel this morning so I can hang it today :slight_smile:

Thanks again for swapping with me!

6 Likes

It’s absolutely beautiful! I like the colour combinations and the quilting as well.

2 Likes

the mini quilt is so cute. love the spool theme.

2 Likes

It’s such a great quilty art piece! What’s the size?

1 Like

The mini quilt is so much fun! So bright and cheerful! And, how lucky to have a treasured woven towel!

2 Likes

What a lovely quilt for an artist! The colors are fantastic. I recognize many of them in @photojenn 's art work and weavings! The quilting is also beautiful and so neat!

Looks like you both got such lovely projects!

3 Likes

Gorgeous quilt and equally gorgeous towel!

2 Likes

It’s about 14” x 16”

1 Like

Pushing sounds so harsh, I just said I wasn’t picking for you :smiley: if I had, you would have got the bright, bright colours from the first photo I sent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Shh, don’t tell anyone, it’s a special stitch on my machine, all I had to do was keep the fabric straight.

2 Likes

its really cute!

2 Likes

Lol I meant pushing as in encouraging, not forcing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this pattern! And of course you executed it perfectly.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! All those colours…!

2 Likes

Thanks, I see the mistakes but I know where to look :smiley:

3 Likes

This quilt is soooooooo cute!

2 Likes

even more impressive knowing the size. You had some small pieces. I love how bright and fun it is. I bet it really brightens a room!

3 Likes

The smallest was 1” x 1” :woozy_face:

1 Like