Spring 2024 Ongoing Wish Swap Gallery/Discussion

I couldn’t stand it. I made another claim. I have two great ideas that I am going to work on this weekend.

4 Likes

I’m halfway through my 1st claim. Going to TRY to be strong and not make another claim until I’m done. We’ll see!

2 Likes

How long do we have to finish each claim?

1 Like

Two weeks from the date claimed.

3 Likes

My resolve to behave on claims didn’t even last 24 hours.

5 Likes

Heehee
So what are “orchard apples”? google just shows me apple orchards. Pretty sure that isn’t what you are asking for.
Maybe something like an oak gall, where a wasp does something to a tree (sting comes to mind, but that seems unlikely) to form a cosy place for her eggs to incubate?

1 Like

Nope, genuinely want fresh apples from an orchard. I visited a friend in NJ in November and she took me to an orchard and those were the best apples I’ve had in my life. Nothing I can get local compares, alas.

2 Likes

I’ve gone to some apple orchard in upstate NY and the apple were pretty good. The fresh cider was amazing though. Along with the fresh apple donuts!

2 Likes

Oh. Thanks for explaining! I always think I’m too literal,then something like this comes along and I overthink it.

3 Likes

I love a good apple. I haven’t found any that I’m impressed with yet here in Vermont.

I’m excited to go through my fabric stash to find something special for Manders’ kiddo.

3 Likes

I love a good apple too. We have a columnar apple tree. It doesn’t get vert big and the apples are so floral sweet. There is an apple that is pink-I can’t remember the name of the apple, but I am dying to try it. The Pacific NW has a variety of apples.

1 Like

On the original post, I put the due date, but what Tapestry said, two weeks from the claim date.

2 Likes

I HATE all but one tiny aspect of the art piece I was working on for @Manders. Sigh. I’m currently debating trying to redeem my current mess or going with a different subject altogether. It drives me crazy when my mental picture and the execution are so wildly different and extra crazy when my art looks like something a hyperactive toddler vomitted on the page. Ugh. I may have to burn this piece in effigy. It would be cathartic.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder, you weren’t happy with your froggy at first either but the frog was cute in the original.

1 Like

I still don’t like the original of that frog, but I adore the reworked version. Which is why I’m hoping I can redeem this art. Or I can start a new piece, show you the one I despise passionately, and send it your way as an extra if you like it. At least I have options and a week left to craft!

2 Likes

Options are always good. I liked your old frog before you added the other things, but I’ll admit I thought it was even better after you reworked it. :blush:

I just sent out @sheepBlue bleach dye hoody!

3 Likes

I’m excited to get it! I leave for a trip next Friday so I’m hoping it’ll arrive before then so I can take it with me :smiley:

2 Likes

I just signed up!

6 Likes

I received from steiconi! Lots of miniatures!!! I can’t wait to make a garden out of all my new goodies. Thank you so much steiconi!

9 Likes

Those are all great! I adore the tiny fountain!

3 Likes