Squishy waffle and huck weave towels

When the pandemic started and I knew we’d be stuck at home for the foreseeable future, I decided to treat myself to this organic cotton yarn kit I had my eye on.

The kit made 8 towels total and they’re delightfully squishy!

Off the loom before wet finishing

One of my favorite waffle weave towels on the loom

One of the huck lace towels on the loom

Ready to go in the washing machine

After wet finishing, you can really see the texture change especially on the waffle weave towels (top).

32 Likes

Ooo, those are fabulous! :heart_eyes: I love the colors!

1 Like

Love the colors! They look great!

1 Like

These are lovely!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! You made those?! I had no idea one could do that. These are fantastic. I love your color palette too!

2 Likes

Those are really pretty. The post wash textures look great!

1 Like

These are absolutely amazing! love them all!

1 Like

Those are beautiful and I’m sure they’ll be so absorbant!

Very nice!!!

1 Like

I love these so much! You are so talented! The colors remind me of the ocean.

1 Like

These are lovely. Was it a Jane Stafford kit?

Yep! The huckleberry waffle kit. I went a bit rogue on the last few towels but followed the color order for the first few. My ppi was a bit higher than her recommended 18ppi so I ended up needing to get an extra tube of one of the colors.

They all turned out so lovely…the texture and the colors are just beautiful!

1 Like

Going rogue is great! I never seem to manage recommended ppi on projects, luckily you were able to get more yarn that matched well.

On my last project I ran out of a color while winding my warp so grabbed a new cone. Even though it was the same color and same manufacturer the colors were slightly off, which I couldn’t tell until after I was done weaving. Of course, now it’s all I see and it really bugs me.

These are gorgeous! I don’t think I’ve ever seen handwoven hand towels, lovely!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Waffle and Huck Weave Towels are on of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

These are absolutely drool-inducing! Good thing they’re absorbant. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Whoa. Loom weaving always looks so cool and also incredibly complicated. Those are be-a-utiful!

1 Like

I always love to see your weaving; simply gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow! These are amazing @photojenn :smiley:

1 Like

The effort blows my hair back! Beautiful colors! And huck towels are the best!! So much work!!

1 Like