Stamp and Watercolor Birthday Cards

Thought I’d try something new and make some birthday cards using stamps and watercolors.

I stamped over the watercolor on the first attempt, but then I realized that the ink pad said it was waterproof…so I used watercolors over the stamps. I’m going to make some ephemera for junk journals using this method, too.

14 Likes

I love the color washes ; neat effect with the stamps.

1 Like

These are really lovely! I’m always so impressed with people who can hand color stamped images and this is no exception.

1 Like

Thanks! I know it’s basically just making coloring pages and filling them in… I’m just so over greeting card prices at the store, and our extended family is large. I got the birthday stamps on clearance at Joann’s and figured, “why not?” I used scraps of mixed media paper and envelopes from stash. It was a relaxing project.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

I love having cards on hand! These are lovely. I’m especially partial to the floral cards with the wee bees.

1 Like

Thank you! I have four nieces/nephews with October birthdays and we’re celebrating them all next weekend - I needed cards! But, I’ll probably make a few more for stash, too.

1 Like

These are elegant and lovely.

1 Like