Stand For Vintage Angel

So I’ve been trying to decide what to do for a tree topper and earlier in November I bought a vintage angel that I thought was a tree topper. Turns out her base was completely solid! I should have known because I have seen these bases made of books in the past. It’s all glued down onto some thick cardboard and I didn’t want to drill in and cause it to loose integrity. So I didn’t know how to get it up on our tree which doesn’t even have a point on it???

So I bought a foam disk, some sparkly corrugated craft paper, gold chenille stems, and some glued-together popsicle sticks, and came up with this.

There is a hole so that I can just slide the stick up into the base and if I don’t want it as a tree-topper then I can still put it on a table. I might paint the stick to match the green of the tree to blend in a little more. I think the base matches the vintage look pretty well. I’m a bit worried because a good amount of her gold paint is coming off. Maybe some spray-varnish?

Here she is without the base:

Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

Hey, great solution! The base blends in wonderfully.

1 Like

Smart thinking! She is adorable!

1 Like

You’ve done an amazing job of making that base look like it has always been there!

1 Like

Great idea! This looks amazing.

1 Like

You would never know she didn’t come with that base. It transitions flawlessly!

1 Like

What a lovely tree topper!

1 Like

It looks seamless! You’re a genius!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like