Starburst Temari

The second of my Christmas gift temari series - a flame color scheme on a charcoal base.

For this design, I got to practice a layered star and a woven star, one on each side.

The pattern is a slightly altered ‘Guardian Star’ from Suess’ Japanese Temari. I think my technique is getting smoother as I go!

20 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Love the flaming colors, the background texture, the lovely design!

1 Like

Oh wow. These are so crazy. They’re just beautiful. Is it Dr. Seuss? Lol

1 Like

Love this one with its bright colors and two different stars!

I had intended to make a bunch of Temari as Christmas gifts, but then only ended up making one for my MIL using the lavender kiku pattern I’d used before.

Your Temari balls are all so varied … and totally gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow! Beautiful! I love the charcoal base contrast.

1 Like

The patterns are really cool. And all the color changes. Super cool!!!

1 Like

WOW! The patterns are striking and the hot colors against that charcoal grey really accentuate them.

1 Like

Really gorgeous!!!

1 Like

AWESOME! :star_struck: These are on my list of someday crafts to learn how to make. :two_hearts:

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! This has been chosen as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

3 Likes

So gorgeous! Love the colors and the design, and it’s so neatly done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The work behind this perfect piece astounds me

1 Like

How did I miss this beauty? I love the color combination and your precise technique is impressive!

1 Like

These are so cool! I love how crazy they are close up. It’s awesome!

2 Likes

It’s good to see you again! I hope all is well, and I love these colors!!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your comments! I wasn’t expecting this one to get the most attention of the 5 balls - that’s part of the joy of sharing our work. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks so much for the feature! It’s good to be back!

1 Like

So completely gorgeous. You’ve inspired me to try it. The girl & I are making one each. So far so good but wow, tricky with the tension & thread placement. This is a meticulous craft!

1 Like

Ooo that’s very exciting Magpie! I’m so happy you’re trying it!