Stash-Busting Rainbow Baby Blanket

I’ve been crocheting through all of the hoarded Lion Brand Mandala yarn lately and can proudly say that out of the 18 cakes of yarn, I am down to 2. That’s a good thing.

Two cakes of Mandala Gnome were used to crochet a super duper fast baby blanket using a pattern called Whitby by Lion Brand.

It is SO bright. :rainbow:

no kitties were posed in the taking of this photograph

25 Likes

That looks so cheerful and bright! Congrats for defeating the tribbles yarn gnomes!

2 Likes

The problem is the dang tribbles are just so soft and squishy and I want to bring them all home.

2 Likes

Adorable … thanks for sharing the pattern link. I like quick patterns.

2 Likes

Those bright shades… love 'em!

2 Likes

Pretty! :rainbow:

2 Likes

Stunning blankie!

1 Like

Gorgeous! That yarn is addictive-bought a cake myself! I love what you’ve done with it!

1 Like

So bright and cheerful!

Great job! It looks so cheerful! :rainbow:

Love the bright colors

1 Like

So bright, cheery, and pretty! It does look like an easy pattern, and something you could do while watching TV. How big did it end up? I have a few yarn cakes to use up, myself…

1 Like

I used two full cakes, about 1,100 yds total of a DK yarn, and it came out 36" x 36".

1 Like

Thanks! I picked up some cakes in clearance a couple of years ago, and I thought I’d use them for a shawl, but I think a blanket is their destiny!

1 Like

My initial “reasoning” for buying the (ahem) 18 cakes of Mandala was for shawl making too, but ended up using most of them for blankets of various sizes.

Hope you post your stash busting projects!

2 Likes

Love this so much!
Having been to Whitby yesterday, just had to download this, and have stash yarn in mind for it. When I get fed up of doing patches for jumper, this will be started :+1:

2 Likes

I love it! :rainbow::yarn:

Just kinda disappointed about that part. :wink:

4 Likes

So beautiful.

1 Like

Love it! Curling up in a rainbow!

The recipient of this is a lucky baby! So bright and cheery. Love it.