Stationery Swap Gallery

I received from @MightyMitochondria! Let me show you all the elements she sent. We both had houseplants on our list and we both choose it as our theme!
IMG_20220920_084844
IMG_20220920_084931
IMG_20220920_085052
IMG_20220920_085222
IMG_20220920_085339
IMG_20220920_085547
IMG_20220920_085501

There is a book with SO MANY POCKETS, perfect for taking my ATCs on the road. The teaser she sent out about hammering, was the green flora details… she pounded on actual plants to stain the fabric! :astonished:
She also carved her first stamps ever. There are two snails and two plants with two pots and a bonus cling rubber stamp.
She sent many stickers, including the same set that I sent her! :rofl:
There are stickers, scrapbooking nails, speedball ephemera, beautiful illustrations from what I’m guessing was a book about perhaps Cortez and the Aztecs?
Last but not least are the beautiful correspondence papers and matching envelopes. I love to correspond with my grandmas–they will be happy to see this.
Thank you, Rose, for the wonderful package!

8 Likes

Wow that little fabric holder is cool! I love the leaves on it. It turned out so elegant looking. All the stickers are amazing! I feel like I am 8 again, because I am so into stickers. Ha! The carved stamps look amazing. It is much harder than I thought to do those. Everything is so wonderful. Great package.

2 Likes

Those snail stamps are so cute! And I love the pounded-leaf prints.

2 Likes

Yay! I am so glad you like everything. That fabric was super fun and easy to make. I’m definitely doing it again. I used a hardcover library discard book for the inside of the stationary folder. It was about conquistadors, hence the Maya and Aztec ephemera. I love the style of book illustrations from that era. I bought a used Speedball lino cutter from ebay and the box and instructions were too cool to throw away. At the last minute I also realized that we were swapping the same stickers. :smile::smile: I think I’m hooked on stamp carving now. Peeling away lino layers is really satisfying.

@irid3sc3nt, it was so fun to craft for you. I hope we can swap again in the future.

3 Likes

I thought that it was a book, but I wasn’t positive so I didn’t say. I’m glad that you like carving stamps! Something that I do is stamp the carved rubber stamp and see how it looks then fine tune from there. Maybe you did that, too, and your stamp cleaner works better than mine, ha! I use Staz-On and if it isn’t taken off right away… well… there it stays. Tips?
It would be great to swap with you again, too!

3 Likes

No, I didn’t test them. I probably should have. Thanks for the tip. I’m open to any advice since stamps are brand new to me.

1 Like

I like to draw in pencil and have thick lines. When I transfer it to the rubber, I rub the backside of the paper with a bone folder. Or the backside of my carving tool.
You did a great job for your first time! I’m pumped to use them.

3 Likes

(NSFW content ahead)

Lucky last package to arrive safely. I received my amazing package from @Annchen. I work as a sex therapist and so I love sex positive things :heart: :heart: :heart:

• All my goodies lined up! This package was just perfect from how sex positive it is to how colourful it is, its me in stationery!!
  • Close up on my new awesome stamps. I cant wait to start using them, I think I need to go buy a nice new big ink pad to try them out.
  • How awesome and suitable is this stationery, which she got from a previous swap. I love when things come full circle like this.

Thank you sooo much @Annchen, thanks for being my first swap partner on Lettuce craft I cant wait to get in to some more swaps.

10 Likes

I’m glad it got there safely! It was fun crafting for you. Sex positive and colourful was a great combo to work with!

I did my test prints with a small ink pad (just pushed it down a bunch of times to colour the stamp) but it will probably print better with a bigger one.

4 Likes

These are so creative and unique. Your partner did a fantastic job. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am glad your partner had fun with these. They turned out great!

What a fun and unique package!!

1 Like

Amazing package!