Steak Bakes

I regularly meal prep because it just makes my life easier, but living on my own often means several portions going into the freezer until i fancy that again. And if I forget to label - well who knows what I am eating.

My brother and his fiance split towards the end of last year, he didn’t take it so well and when I saw him this one time, he looked so skinny, I thought I would palm off some food to him.

Big mistake!!! Now I cook for Mum & brother - both are perfectly capable but they like some of the dishes I’ve been making.

Anyway, this was an experimental one, can I make steak bakes like they sell in Greggs (well known pasty store here in UK)

The answer is yes, this recipe was my inspiration: Steak Bakes
I didn’t use red wine because Bro doesn’t like it. But they were tasty.

I made some improvements for the 2nd batch and had a wider range of testers. They have been requested again!!

20 Likes

Wow! These sound delicious! I clicked though real quickly and it looks like these are not dissimilar to a pasty or handpie - YUM! Fun Fact: Cornish Pasties are readily available around Montana due to the mining history and so many Cornish miners coming over for the various mining booms.

4 Likes

These are delish and can be flavoured however you want. The recipe mimics the Greggs, but I can see me doing various flavours over the coming months.

I think there are restrictions on using the term ‘pastie’ so I erred on the side of the recipe, but hopefully I wont be beaten by any Cornish folk on here by saying… yes it’s very similar to a pastie. Cornish pasties have “Protected Geographical Identification” meaning that they are not Cornish unless they are prepared in Cornwall!

The things we learn :smiley:

3 Likes

Mmmm…looks delicious!

1 Like

Come to think of it, I don’t think that the word “Cornish” shows up on menus or packaging! Maybe sometimes “Cornish-style”?

1 Like

These look delicious!

1 Like

This sounds (based on the recipe) and looks delicious! What a lucky family you have!

1 Like

They look delicious!

1 Like

Looks super tasty! I’m passing the recipe to my bread baking man, he loves cooking and I love eating whatever he’s cooking!

2 Likes

Mmmm…savory pastries are one of my favorite dishes!!

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

Oh, How awesome.

1 Like

They look absolutely delicious! I am available to help with taste testing!

1 Like

These look delicious!