Steampunk Lady Wall Art

I made this lady for Bunny1kenobi in the recent Color in a Box swap. Her colors were teal and peach and she mentioned she liked steampunk stuff. Fortunately, I have been hoarding some steampunk scrapbook paper for some time and it had the exact colors I needed! (This is why we hoard supplies — you never know when you’ll need something for a swap in the next decade. :rofl:)

I am pretty sure this is Graphic 44 paper, and I fussy cut many of the images out and layered them collage style. It’s mounted on a half inch chipboard square (also part of my hoard) and I embellished with some cogs and watch bits. I painted the sides peach with some gold to play off the gold embellishment bits. Everything was part of my stash — all waiting for just the right project. It felt good to use it all!

This was a fun project to make — thanks for looking!

20 Likes

What a great embodiment of those colors! It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

this came out so great!!

1 Like

I love this! It is even more lovely in person!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Love so much!
:star_struck:

1 Like

This is beautiful and a testament to having a great stash that you can navigate well. You rocked both the creating AND the stash busting!

2 Likes

This is soooo cooool! What a wonderful find in your stash for teal and peach and Bunny1!

I like how this can be read as you might use something in the next 10 years, or say, the 2030s!

2 Likes

Thanks very much, everyone! It was really fun to put together. I like to think that after she’s done with her bike ride she’ll be off on a hot-air balloon adventure next. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m so glad you like it Bunny1kenobi! :heart:

1 Like

Oh, I really do! I was absolutely breathless when I unwrapped it!

2 Likes

This is AMAZING. I love it! I kinda want one now, too!

1 Like

:woman_genie: Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :fairy:

2 Likes

This is incredible and I know for a fact that your partner loved it!

1 Like

Wow! That is gorgeous!

1 Like

Oh cool!!! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Woah!! This is so cool!! I love the use of colors and the steampunk vibe is definitely there

1 Like

This is really neat! It sounds like it checked all the boxes for the swap. I like the addition of the gears and watch parts. What a great way to use the various components of your stash to create such a fantastic project!

1 Like