Steampunk Quilt

I finished my son’s Christmas present Friday night before Christmas - a king sized one and it was done on my domestic machine. Talk about cutting it close, lol.

I did some faux trapunto on the gears (hand sewn) which took weeks to finish because rheumatoid arthritis reared it’s ugly head halfway through making the quilt.

I gave the trapunto some extra definition by machine sewing certain areas to make them indent more.

My son was so excited about it he was putting photos online before I even had it off the quilt frame (I didn’t wrap it and needed his help to get it off the upright quilt frame because my arms didn’t want to work right at that point, lol)

17 Likes

Wow look at this beauty!
You do fabulous work, it’s no wonder he was posting pics the second he could!

@Bunny1kenobi you gotta check this out

1 Like

Wow, just wow. So much Steampunky goodness here. But won’t the gears ticking away at night keep him awake?

3 Likes

Oh wow!!! I love this!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow, that’s so amazing! Sounds like your son really appreciates it, too.

1 Like

Wowwweee wow wow! This is a stunner! Beautiful work and a true labor of love!

1 Like

Well done! Not only is it wonderful, it was obviously perfectly suited to the recipient!

1 Like

Thank you! You are very kind.

LOL! Guess I’ll have to ask him. /wink

That is AMAZING~what a beautiful job and gift! Sounds like your son was as thrilled as possible too. Wonderful project–thanks for sharing it. :smile:

1 Like

Lucky son! Cool quilt.

2 Likes