"Step It Up" Shawl

I have a goal for this year to make three light-weight knitted shawls as Xmas gifts for my mom, grandma, and aunt. I just finished shawl number one (which also happens to be my first ever knitted shawl)!

I used the Step It Up shawl pattern because it seemed easy enough for a first timer and came with a video (bonus!). And it was super easy - just knit stitch and yarn overs. Maybe a little too easy. I need a little bit of a challenge for the next one (famous last words). :wink:

The yarn is Malabrigo Sock in Primavera. I just love the colors. I used size 3 circular needles.

It’s 55 inches long on the straight edge, which is still 10 inches shorter than the pattern called for, but I was running dangerously low on yarn, so I called it quits at 55. I think it’s sufficient.

Here’s my tiny ball of leftover yarn!

One down…two to go! :grin:

18 Likes

I love it. The colors are beautiful and will coordinate well with so much so that’s a great choice for an accessory gift. And I like how it works up in the garter stitch, very clean and classy.

1 Like

Very pretty! I really like that stair step edge and the colors of that yarn a lot!

1 Like

It turned out suuuuuuuuuper good! And that color is so you! I know, I know, it’s a gift…for now haha.

2 Likes

Haha! So true…

It seems like just yesterday you had just started learning to knit, and here you are making beautiful shawls! I’m excited to see what your next one will be!

1 Like

Beautiful colors!

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking! Amazing work, truly beautiful.

2 Likes

Such a great colorway; it really makes the simple pattern. :green_heart:

1 Like

Lovely job! I like those colors, too!

1 Like

That is beautiful. I love the color of yarn you chose.

1 Like

I thought that ball of yarn was a button. Ha! The shawl turned out beautiful. I love the color and the pinking shear effect on the bottom edge.

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely my friend! Well done conquering a new craft milestone.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :blush: I started #2 last night! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well done lovely work. Good guess work on when to stop i doubt if you could have got another row in.

1 Like

:tada: Congrats! This crafty goodness is one of this week’s featured projects! :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I love this and the yarn so perfectly complements the pattern. So gorgeous!

1 Like

So stylish, great work!!