Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Love them!

I’ve figured out what I’m doing and have gotten a good start; stumpwork butterfly wings!

9 Likes

Can you make a pair big enough for an adult? I love these.

3 Likes

I probably could; I used to be a theatrical costumer.
The tough part is always the harness so they can be worn.

And this pair looks better since I cut them out.

1 Like

Ah! Can’t wait to see where you’re going!

1 Like

I’m submitting this sweet fawn under a beautiful aurora borealis for my March prompt! You can find the fawn pattern here from Downeast Thunder Farm. I found a fun hillside picture as my inspiration. I embedded my fawn into my hillside, then drew the Northern Lights all into a 6 inch by 6 inch square. Once I pieced it all together, I added the fawn details. Then, I chose some spring colors, cut them into 2" squares and pieced them together. I added them to the top and bottom of my 6x6 base like so:

I wasn’t sure how the aurora would turn out, but I think it looks awesome! I needed a way to combine the “feel” of the puffin piece with the prompt of this month - something that would carry over the arctic feel without going overboard or being weird, which is why I chose the aurora.

Then sewed that piece to my on-going stitchalong piece!

20210311_154204_resize_17

Loving it!

8 Likes

I love it, especially as part of an ongoing project.

1 Like

So pretty! I love the colours you chose, and how cool that it goes with your puffin piece!

1 Like

What an interesting ongoing project you have going on there! Love your spotted fawn…definitely a sign of spring!

1 Like

That is so sweet. Great detail on the fawn.

A fairy emerges from her cocoon after a long winter’s sleep. Mere mortals see only a butterfly.

Once I realized that monarch butterflies look like summer to me, I switched to Swallowtail wings, and the project came together quickly.

More pix and words at

10 Likes

I marionberries submit Edible dishtowels (not really) for the March “Flora” category.
There is one more in progress, but 5 are done.

11 Likes

Yes! That was a great idea!

1 Like

That came out so good!! The wings are stunning!

1 Like

They’re lovely enough to make dish drying fun!

1 Like

That butterfly is wonderful.

I have such a soft spot for vintage patterns. You did an amazing job.

2 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Seeing them all together makes for a lovely set…and one more to go?

Can’t wait to see it!

And I purchased a camping set of patterns too.

3 Likes

Last of this set of dishcloths. Peppers!, I am really enjoying using these.

6 Likes