Stitch Doodle Quote Embroidery

I made this hoop for @Cindy in the recent Quote Me on That Swap. As soon as I saw this quote listed on her Q I knew I wanted to stitch it up - it’s so her! Since Cindy is also known for (among other things) her wonderful doodling skills, I also wanted to pay homage to her geometric style. I found an inspiration photo online and this hoop was born!

I think this one might show the colors more true-to-life:

And the back just for fun:

It was a lot of fun to stitch up. Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

What a cool homage to Cindy’s doodle skills… this turned out great!

3 Likes

This is amazing and looks fantastic on my hoopla wall. Thanks again for offering to swap hoops with me.

4 Likes

I love the lines and the quote. The colors are so vibrant and great! Beautiful work!!! I’ve tried to embroider words and they look like garbage. You did such a great job!

4 Likes

It’s awesome. I am in love with that quote too because, obviously :smile:

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Loving the color choices

2 Likes

This is such a cool design. The colors are so rich and vibrant too! Love it!

3 Likes

Hahaha…yes, it suits you, too! :wink:

@Cindy - I’m thinking we need a round of Hoopla Swaps here on LC. Have we had one yet?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :grin:

2 Likes

Oooo! This is really nice! I am in awe of people who can just wing it while crafting and it turns out. Makes my brain fritz out a little to even consider.

3 Likes

I’m in awe of those people, too! I definitely drew triangles as guides with a transfer pen. :sweat_smile: I think my winging it days are behind me.

3 Likes

This is AWESOME! I love the geometric fill, and the color palette.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely perfect.

3 Likes

This is so cool! What an awesome design surrounding that fun quote.

3 Likes

Yes there’s been 1 … @geekgirl hosted it in July 2021 … it’s probably time for another one.

3 Likes

This is fabulous - your lettering is beautiful, and I love the colours!

3 Likes

This turned out so pretty! And a perfect tribute to @Cindy’s doodles! And I agree about the lettering- perfection!

And @TheMistressT - what are you talking about?? Pretty sure you wing it as much as anyone else. With amazing results, I might add!

3 Likes

Bahahahaaaa! No way. I plan, plan, plan! Then plot and scheme.

3 Likes

The doodley background is spectacular! And it’s so perfect for @Cindy, too.

3 Likes

You’re a crack up!

3 Likes

this looks great! love the colors and as always such nice neat stitching.

2 Likes