Strappy summer top

Hi you crafty bunch!

Next up in the covid isolation fabric stash sewathon!!

Finished making this top last weekend, just before I buggered up my back, argh! :dizzy_face: Had to take a few days off of sewing and still recovering, but I’m glad to say I’ve already started on my next 2 sews :grin:

So here it is anyways! I’ve had this fabric for years and thought this would be the perfect pattern for it, it’s dbp so it’s come out lovely and soft and floaty for summer

I used black velvet ribbon for the feature straps, though I will say that in hindsight I think making your own straps (as the pattern calls for) or using a stretch ribbon or elastic would have worked better, but I still think it looks lovely!

Sorry about the obvious bra straps, I did turn the lining into a shelf bra (to help support ma hugey bust) by making it a bit longer and adding wide elastic, but I still can’t get away with going bra-less even with a shelf bra!

I swear Mr Loops likes to take as many pictures as possible just so he can get me making weird faces…

:boom: Starc Top and Dress pattern by George and Ginger

Hope you like it! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

16 Likes

Very nice! I’m too scared to sew my own clothes… not sure why. Your top looks so comfy and cool!

2 Likes

Super duper cute!

2 Likes

You are gonna have the coolest summer wardrobe!

2 Likes

That turned out really great!

2 Likes

This came out really nice! That fabric looks great with that pattern!

2 Likes

I adore this! Everything about it is perfection.

1 Like

Oooh, this is super cute, and I love the detail on the back! Awesome job!

1 Like

I like it a lot. I too have to wear a bra with a shelf bra.

1 Like

The back strappiness is such a wonderful detail! Looks comfy and cool for the summer.

1 Like

Nice colour and I love the straps.

1 Like

@endymion You should totally give it a go! I will say looking back my first attempts at clothes were pretty hideous (I’m seriously not sharing pictures!!) but that’s because I kind of winged it and just made it up as I went along and had never used a pattern, but these days there are so many tutes on youtube, free and cheap patterns for all sizes and ages it’s made it so much easier to get to grips with. I personally prefer pdf patterns from independents as the instructions are so much easier to understand than the jargon in the old paper patterns!! :smiley:

@Lynx And there’s more yet to come, I’m making R2D2 shorts atm for May the Fourth! T he he. :star_struck:

@Jeanne Awww thanking you so much :smiley:

@AIMR I think it’ll be perfect for walking the dog stylishly and cool, lol, when I’m allowed out of the house to walk her again that is!!

5 Likes

I’m impressed. Such a great top. I’m sure you’ll get a LOT of use out of it!!!

3 Likes

I am a huge fan of yours! I love all your posts. This top is fantastic. I love the color and style. I can’t wait to see these R2-D2 shorts too!

2 Likes

Beautiful job!! It’s been a long time since I sewed clothing. You are killing it!

The straps are lovely, BTW!

3 Likes

Absolutely love the magic happening in the back!!

2 Likes

@gozer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like