Striped Raglan Sweater

I knitted each of my boys a sweater for Christmas. They picked the colors and design, but the sweaters are just very basic raglans.

This is DS1’s sweater. I used Jane Richmond’s pattern and omitted any waist shaping. The yarn is Malabrigo Rios. As nice as this yarn is to work with, it’s making me want to avoid superwash wools for garments. It stretches out so much when washing, it leaves me wondering if it’ll ever go back to the right shape. It does, but it’s unpleasant. Whatever…kiddo loves it and it’s really soft.

14 Likes

Beautiful colours! This looks so soft and cozy.

2 Likes

Lovely sweater! I love the red and gray.

2 Likes

Came out great! And a soft sweater that the recipient loves? That’s the dream!

2 Likes

I really like the red and grey and that the grey is heathered. This feels so classic!

2 Likes

The colors remind me of the cat sweater that Marceline from the tv show Adventure Time wears. Almost all of the ones I’ve seen online have been crocheted, though. I’d rather knit it, but no one appears to be sharing their pattern.
Hooray for knitting! Glad your kiddo loves it.

2 Likes

Thanks!

It’s actually blue. A very denim blue. It just looks really neutral paired with that bright red.

3 Likes

It’s reading on my screen as grey and red, funny how that happens sometimes!

2 Likes

I swear it’s blue! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

:laughing: Maybe I keep thinking about that Marceline sweater. I’m pretty sure it’s red and grey, but now I’m doubting my peepers! :flushed:

1 Like

Hers looks red and grey.

2 Likes

This is soo cool! I love that your kiddo loves it!!

2 Likes

He’s a very knit-worthy kid. :heart:

2 Likes

I saw red and gray at first, too. Then I thought about how cool a Freddy Krueger sweater would be! I’m glad this one was softer. Your kids got great sweaters. They look fantastic!

2 Likes

That would be awesome! My DH also said it kind of reminded him of Freddy’s sweater. :joy:

1 Like

Epic! I love how you make sweaters for your family like this, and they all look fantastic!

1 Like

Thank you! I love making things for them, it’s almost like wrapping them up in a big hug. :heart:

2 Likes