STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

I’m working on some things for my shop. It looks really sad compared to y’all’s! But, it’ll cheer up over the weekend! :relaxed:

@photojenn it’s my first one too! I’m enjoying it so far. Learning as I go. Perhaps the next one, for me, will be a bit more prepared and I’ll know the basics at least.

6 Likes

I’m another first-timer and having a blast as well! Don’t some people make things all year and save them for STS? Didn’t it always used to be a twice-a-year event, every spring and every fall?

8 Likes

That’s me! I’m very much a “buy supplies first, then get inspired to make something” crafter, so I love that I can make whatever I want, basically, and the things will still find new homes! I just have a milk crate that things get added to over time as I finish them.

5 Likes

It is often twice a year. In my case, since I sell ceramics at markets and festivals during the year I always seem to have small items I can offer and even “trials” of one-off things that I don’t end up selling. I usually put randoms like that into sale bins but love being able to use them as “currency” for this swap. <3 I pulled from my regular stock too though this time. This is one of my favorite swaps. I couldn’t realistically do it more than twice a year though because shipping ceramics adds up fast. My smallest packages ship for $5.50 and they go up from there. lol

7 Likes

I haven’t been in this swap in a very long time and it’s neat to remember what I made back then compared to where I am now.

7 Likes

I’ve added two more groups of small dishes & a sale on the ancient-of-days giant buttons you might remember from back at the old site…

6 Likes

Added a beaded infinity scarf and reduced some prices. More stuff will be added soon!

3 Likes

yes, it is usually in the spring and fall. The spring one this year was cancelled due to lack of interest, but this fall round is certainly making up for that! :smile:

4 Likes

I’m so glad you joined! Also others who are new to this swap— it seems to work best when everyone is offering different items in their shops, and I would say this round has a nice variety!

4 Likes

Agreed! Such a diverse crafting group and it’s so fun to have so many people joining this round.

3 Likes

I love all of the variety, so many wonderful crafts I wouldn’t be able to make!

5 Likes

…,aaaaaand, I’m broke. Again. :grin:

6 Likes

Okay, okay… I know we’re not sharing pics here but I just HAD too. These two arrived hugging and I hust can’t stand it! Squeee! I don’t know if maybe the journey frightened them or they just fell asleep snuggled together. :laughing:

11 Likes

To assure @gozer they will be happy in their forever home… here they are surrounded by new friends. :blush: Thank you! And no, I don’t dust. :laughing:

9 Likes

Awe. They look so happy!

2 Likes

Holy crap, got some claims today and I have points to spend! Closed up my shop. I also ordered some supplies for new crafts and have some stuff I hope to finish on Sunday. Just dropped off my sent packages and now I gotta go home and write sent messages and spends some points!!

7 Likes

I have those same ones from gozer and they live in my mantle. They are the cutest!

5 Likes

I received my strand of prosperity hens from @susieoregon today. They are even better in person—so quirky and cheerful. Love them!

6 Likes

Bluebird just got a freaking ton of messages from me! Sorry for all the activity all at once! Did some claiming so my store is back open!

6 Likes

I received the beautiful blue bird bag from @gozer!

7 Likes