STS (Shop The Swap) 2022 Fall Market Discussion

Thank you! I’ll give it a try

2 Likes

What a clever idea!

2 Likes

Another idea might be, fingerless gloves. I know i would be very interested. I’ve been wanting them for in the house. I don’t know how long or difficult they would be to make . maybe a lighter weight yarn? Just another idea. :blush:

3 Likes

I planned on getting a bunch done this weekend, but my days got booked up. I have time and I am going to block out next weekend for major crafting fun.

3 Likes

That is a good idea, and they are usually not too hard. I pulled some yarn for a hat & now I need to get some out of stash for gloves as well! If only the weather would get cooler, I would feel more like knitting!

3 Likes

My weekend was super busy, but I’m using the last bit of Sunday to work on bowl cozies!

5 Likes

I’m working on some miniature cross stitch motifs, Christmas, bird houses, flowers… I hope to have some with little bitty hoops and there will also be some not. That way can be used for anything the buyer wants!:grinning:

4 Likes

I am so unsure as to what to make honestly. I’m a paper crafter mostly but can create so much more. So if anyone has any ideas of some wishes, please do share.

Now, I don’t sew a whole lot or knit/crochet so I LOVE so much of those things. I will say that I’d love to buy some booboo bags/rice packs (I can NEVER have enough of these), fingerless gloves, scarfs are all items I may buy. Most times, I have no clue what I want til I see it. lol

3 Likes

I’m planning on making some llama rice packs. I’m just waiting for the girls to start school so I can surprise them with one, too.

I love Harry Potter ornaments or decor, slouchy hats, witchy stuff, bath bombs, and cute photography props.

3 Likes

I am making bowl cozies and a casserole carrier for sure. I need a casserole carrier so this is a great excuse to buy a pattern and make two.

2 Likes

I’m making things that are fun for me (tin birds, crochet necklaces, felt ornaments), and am not too invested in whether they will sell or not. But if there is something I have made before that someone wants, just let me know!

Edited to add: Not sure I’d have time to make these, but would there be any interest in Temari balls or Pysanky eggs?

5 Likes

I am trying to make things that I like to make but I can also give away to people in my life if they don’t sell.

4 Likes

I have some ideas for things I both like making and things that I just think would be good to give as gifts if they don’t sell. Not sure what items I’ll definitely make though besides some of these mini fabric baskets (photo stolen from Gozer!)

some woven magnets like this with personalizable message (photo stolen from whistlefish)

and some little mini notebooks. Otherwise, maybe some crochet hats?

9 Likes

I have a few miniature items I’m working on. Some jewelry, TM patches, probably some infinity scarves as well.

5 Likes

Your goldfish ornaments were insanely cool, but they look like a ton of work.

2 Likes

I have a couple mandrakes i plan on offering. I’m torn on whether to post them individually or as a pair. I like them better as a pair, I feel like they won’t get lonely. LOL

5 Likes

This is going to be so fun!

Tried something new just for the STS. It was pretty fun! It will be a pin. In real life it’s a bit more teal colored, not so bright.

8 Likes

Oooh! That is pretty!!!

1 Like

I’m soooooo excited about joining in😃

4 Likes

STS opens in about 2 weeks! :partying_face:

If you’re thinking about joining in, you still have time to make some things for your shops! If you’re new to the STS, you must have 5 finished crafted items to open a shop and if you are returning there is a new rule in place this round that at least 3 of those 5 items must be new and not from a previous round of STS. Can’t wait to see what you all will have in your shops! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes