Sugar Plum Pig Ornament + pattern/tutorial

I made this for my friend who requested a vintage-y pig. I made the pattern myself. At first I tried just covering the pig in sequins but it just looked like I covered a pig haphazardly in sequins… so I cut those all off. I went with a classic 70s closed-eye look.

If you want to make your own, here’s the pattern:

The cut-outs in the underside I didn’t actually cut-out. I just sort of ladder-stitched in those areas to get the desired stance after stitching the whole thing together.
I made this seams-out but you may have better luck than I did if you want to actually turn it inside-out. I used felt and the ornament is only about 3 inches long so it was pretty impossible to turn it out.
The tail is made by first inserting a thin wire into the butt (lol) then, carefully put some glue (I used hot glue) on the wire and shove it a little further in. Then string pink seed-beads on and seal it by making a sort of knot or twist at the end of the wire. Then bend the tail into a curly-que.
The ears are first sewn on at the base then turned downward and held with a single stitch.
The wings are made of gold chenile stems hot-glued on.

Well, if you want to make it I hope that all helps. Thanks for looking!

29 Likes

Adorable … I think it’s funny that someone wanted a vintag-y pig ornament.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pattern!
And she even has a magic wand!

If pigs had wings, they’d be pigeons.

2 Likes

Super sweet!

2 Likes

I think you have a new passion now…vintage ornaments!

This is adorable…love the vintage-looking gold wings and the eyelash eye!

2 Likes

This is ridiculously cute! And thank you for sharing your pattern!!!

2 Likes

This little piggy is so adorably sweet!

2 Likes

I love her :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Cute!

2 Likes

I like pidgeons! Lol!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! So sweet. I love her little skirt.

2 Likes

OMG you totally nailed it. Reminds me of my family’s ornaments, there was a lot of touches of lace and ribbon as an embellishment that hits home.

2 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes

:dancer:CONGRATULATIONS! Your awesome project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :man_dancing:

2 Likes

Yaaay! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is just the sweetest!!

2 Likes

So sweet! Love the little piggies

1 Like