Summer Sandcastle

I’ve been down in NC for the past week visiting some college friends. The house they are renting is right near the beach, so I thought that I would bring a beach-themed craft to make while they were working.

I found this pattern via Club Crochet, but it was written by ravencraft_designs.

It was an easy project but it was made from 7 parts that had to be joined together. It could be made with only 2 towers, but I felt like a sandcastle needed the 4. It also has an optional drawbridge and some optional detail embroidery, both of which I skipped. It’s fairly small and fits in the palm of my hand!

27 Likes

Adorable! And that is some A++ styling right there.

1 Like

This is adorable! I love that you got a shot of it on the beach!

1 Like

Super cute! And the beach shots are amazing.

1 Like

Cute! Did you crochet the ocean, too?

1 Like

That’s the cutest sandcastle ever! Love the beach photo shoot, too.

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

That is so fun, and a beach memory “souvenir” you can bring with you.

1 Like

LOL! My friend said I needed to crochet the sand :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! It was the one craft project I packed, knowing I’d be within a 2 minute walk to the beach. I didn’t have time to work on it until yesterday, when I got all of the parts stitched up. I assembled it this morning and made the flag- the flagpole is a toothpick.

3 Likes

So cute! A perfect beach craft!

1 Like

Perfection! In the thumbnail pic, i truly thought it was a dribble sand castle!

2 Likes

Adorable! I love that it fits in your hand! Perfect backdrop for your photos!!

1 Like

ha ha What a fun way to remember your time down here!! I love how tiny it is…toothpick flag…ha ha

1 Like

I also thought it was a real sand castle in the preview. This is so sweet!

1 Like

It’s so itty-bitty! What size hook did you use?

It was worsted weight yarn, with a 4.0 mm hook. Easy to stitch!

1 Like

This is so cute! I would be torn between keeping it as my souvenir and leaving it somewhere as themed found art for someone. Love it!

I was torn, for sure! I did end up taking it home with me, though. It’ll be a little model for my crochet club signups this fall!

1 Like