Summer Shells & Sea Glass Wreath

Somehow I have plenty of wreaths for autumn, Halloween, Christmas, and winter, but nothing good for summer. So I made one inspired by our LC summer challenge! Covered with jute rope, shells, and sea glass.

:ocean: :shell: :sun_with_face: Summer Wreath Mini-Tutorial :sun_with_face: :shell: :ocean:

Supplies
Wire Wreath Frame - From Dollar Tree!
Burlap ribbon - From Dollar Tree!
Jute Rope - From Dollar Tree!
Seashells (Dollar Tree had some, but they were all broken. These came from HL. Boo.)
Sea Glass
Hot Glue
E6000

Begin by wrapping the wire frame in the burlap ribbon to give you a solid base to glue the rope to. I recommend doing 2 layers of the ribbon.

Next begin wrapping the jute rope around, securing the ends and the first wrap or two with hot glue. After these first few wraps, you can do several in a row without glue, then glue one, and repeat. Once your entire frame is covered, and the ends of the rope are well secured with the hot glue, you can star arranging your shells.

Once youโ€™re happy with the shells, begin gluing them down, with a mix of hot glue and E6000, depending on the shape of the shell, or how much of the shell will be in contact with the wreath frame. You may need to do this in stages, letting glue dry in between. After all your shells are in, sprinkle in your bits of sea glass.

Finally add a ribbon or string for hanging, and place it on your front door!

And a special thank you to @calluna, whosent me the sea glass pieces in a swap!

14 Likes

Very beach-y and summery! :shell:

1 Like

Itโ€™s absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous, itโ€™s very summery and I love the seaglass

1 Like

The addition of the sea glass really pops out from the rest of the neutralsโ€ฆit is lovely for summer and does give a very beachy vibe!

1 Like

So chic! I would think you are a stoneโ€™s throw from the ocean!

2 Likes

So summery! The colors and textures are so chill and calming, just like the sound of the waves on the beach!

1 Like

This gives such an amazing feeling of the beach. I can almost feel the saltwater breeze!

2 Likes

This is so pretty! I am such a sucker for the anything beachy and sea related.

2 Likes

What a beautiful wreath that goes well with summer!

1 Like