Summer Time Book Swap

Every winter we do a winter book swap where you send your partner a book, something chocolate and a small crafted item. I am thinking of doing a summer one.

Send a book, a small crafted item but instead of chocolate, since it could melt, some other treat.

Any thoughts?

10 Likes

Love it especially since I missed the Winter swap. Maybe a refreshing beverage recipe/ingredients?

3 Likes

Hmmm. This is a fun notion! I might be down for this one. I like the idea of adding some type of recipe. It would add negligible weight to a package and allow for a lot of creativity at the same time. We could even fill out our q’s to reflect if there are any particular types of recipes we’d like to get our hands on: beverages, low calorie, keto, family faves, quick n easy, snacks… yeah I could go on for a while here…

2 Likes

Oooh! For all the beach reads! I love this idea. I would be down for this one. :books: :sunny: :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

I like the idea of recipes or ingredients. You could also do some sort of silly sipping straw or something summer related . I am totally picturing a book, silly straw and upcycled cat sunglasses. :star_struck: :beach_umbrella:

7 Likes

That’s almost exactly what I pictured, too! They have fancy reusable silly straws now, too. I also thought a scruchable hat could be funny.

2 Likes

A little tote to carry your book in at the beach…

3 Likes

Or a foldable fabric fan for staving off some of the heat! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

So many awesome ideas! I love the idea of a tote!

1 Like

OMG I now have an image of us all around my pool in the beehives, retro lounge ware sipping our beverages and enjoying a good book! All in that special 60’s style to go with the house

5 Likes

When do you think you will host this swap? I know it’s now even Spring yet, but I was hoping to get a little timeline so I can make sure I have the space when it comes up. I love the idea!

1 Like

Maybe start sign ups around April? I’m not sure what is everyone up for?

4 Likes

Are you still going to organize this swap if you are taking a break?

Yep, but it will be later in the summer.

3 Likes

Whoo hoo! :heart::heart::heart:

Bumping this! I will be finishing up school on the 17th. I’m thinking of starting sign ups soon after that if people are still interested.

2 Likes

Yaaaas!

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes!

I’m intrigued!

1 Like

I just started reading actual books again. It only took me 20+ years to get back into it regularly. I’d love to do this swap, depending upon timeframes. What a great idea.

1 Like