Sunday Knitting Bee, Needle Felted Mouse

Her apron is made from an old handkerchief that is beyond any possible use except as an apron for a mouse that attends a knitting bee on Sundays.

25 Likes

Your collection of story telling mice is growing…and, since I knit, this is my absolute favorite! She is so adorable!

I love her long tail…and you actually had to knit so tiny!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :mouse:

Years ago I knit floss on pins for another project. This gauge wasn’t nearly as hard! :wink:

2 Likes

I love the second photo of her expressive face. She looks curious and kind!

2 Likes

She is so bright and cheery. I love her eyes, tiny fingers, and tail. He had is adorable too.

2 Likes

This is absolutely adorable! The added scrap of an old hanky makes her outfit utterly charming…and swoon, the mouse knits! :smiley:

1 Like

These keep getting cuter and cuter. And what mouse wouldn’t want to attend a knitting bee?!?

1 Like

Ack! I am undone! I cannot promise to not be looking for ways to just be “in the neighborhood (wherever that is) , dont wanna give me that mouse by chance, eh?” Haha!

All kidding aside, you’re killing me with these friends. They speak to me and my love of Rose Cottage…

1 Like

Thank you @roler; @gozer; @loves2experiment; @bethntim; @AntBee!!

She was fun to make!! Originally I thought I would be going somewhere where it would be possible to pick up some lace, but we’ve been plague with problems with our van of late so I went looking through things I had and happened upon the handkerchief!

After I got her dress and apron finished I was trying to decide what to give her to hold. We tried a small basket, but I did that not long ago with the hedgehog. Knitting just popped into my head. Had to sand the toothpicks so they wouldn’t snag the yarn. Started off with a piece yarn that ended up being too short. Tied some more on only to have the knot fail (I trimmed the excess too close) after I had knit another row. Was only able to knot on some more with the use of a crochet hook and some patience. LOL!! If any of my future creatures knit, I will try to plan ahead better! :mouse:

6 Likes

I wish to attend her Knitting Bee!

1 Like

So adorable! I love it!

1 Like

Oh she’s so lovely :two_hearts:

1 Like

So sweet! I love her little expression and she’s so cute with her apron and her hat and her knitting!

1 Like

so cute :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @JoyfulClover; @Smeddley; @Nou; @Bunny1kenobi; @Myrthena!! :mouse: :smiley:

Put together another :mouse: base, but I don’t know what I am going to do with it just yet. Have to sort out problems with the van first.

1 Like

Delightful! :mouse: :yarn:

1 Like

Oh my goodness. Too darling for words!

1 Like

Super cute! I imagine this being me in 20 years. :slight_smile:

1 Like