Sunshine Art Paper Collage

I made this for Sonjaboo in the Box of Color swap. One of the items she wanted was sun artwork to brighten up her dreary winter.

I pulled out the gelli plate and got to printing lots of yellow and orange papers (and a blue for the sky). Then I chopped and assembled the rays behind the circle. I decided to only glue them down directly behind the fun “face” so that they were more raised for more texture. A little face, some outlining, and my trademark stamping on craft paper and I was done!

I ended up changing the final stamping to read “let the sunshine in” instead of “let the sun shine in” to mimic the song instead of it reading as an action.

I think I’m going to make one for myself for my craft room in an attempt to cope with the doldrums of Michigan winter too! I think no matter how sunny it is, every day can be brightened with a little more sunshine.

32 Likes

This is so sunny and happy! I love it. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I love this so much!

2 Likes

Wonderfully cheery!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: this is adorable

2 Likes

Sooo cheery!! I love it!

2 Likes

It’s so wonderful. I can’t even express the joy it elicits to see that sunny, happy, shiny face. Adorable!

2 Likes

This definitely bringing the sunshine right on in! Just the spot of cheer for the dark winter!

2 Likes

I so totally love this! The colors are perfect, it’s scrappy, it’s cute… I need to make one like this for my daughter - she sings “You are my sunshine” to her kids all the time.

2 Likes

Omg! That would be adorable!!!

2 Likes

What a happy little thing!

2 Likes

Happy art!

2 Likes

I am absolytely in love with this. You took such a simple concept, a sun shining, and turned it into so much more. The textures and composition are incredible! I love how the papers are sort of distressed looking, yet still seem so bright and cheery. You hit this out of the park!

2 Likes

That sun is just so cute!

2 Likes

such a great idea! I love the use of the gel prints for all the rays, so creative!

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

I love everything about this little piece of art :hugs: it makes me happy to look at :relaxed:

A really fun use of gelli prints… it gives me ideas :wink:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Sunshine Art Paper Collage is one of this week’s featured projects. :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

I love this! So bright and cheery. :slight_smile:

1 Like