Sunshiny Yellow Bowl

I was delighted to make a box of sunshine for Kittykill in the Box of Summer swap. After I made a piece of sunshine decor for her patio, I wondered what other useful, bright yellow items I could make! I immediately thought of a bowl for holding supplies or trinkets. I rummaged through all of my fabric and ended up picking all yellows for this happy little container.

You basically wrap fabric that you’ve cut down to about 1/3" around a cotton clothesline rope and sew it on your machine with the zig zag stitch and coil as you go.

To make it a little more sunshiny, I stamped a metal piece and added it to the inside of the bowl. It’s kind of hard to read with the reflection, but it says, “Sometimes we must bring your own sunshine.”

23 Likes

want want want want want want want!

This is so cheery and bright it makes me smile each time I look at the pic, I can’t imagine how much more it does in person! Lucky, lucky swap partner!

4 Likes

This is so cheerful! I love the profile of this bowl - the flat-flat bottom and the degree of the taper make give it an elevated look - literally and stylistically.

3 Likes

I love these coil bowls. I use one for my basting pins. Maybe I need a rainbow…

3 Likes

I love how bright you were able to keep this with so many different fabrics. These bowls are always so handy too. I adore a useable craft item. The metal tag is a nice surprise when you are digging through it to get your keys or other objects. Very sunshiny happy!

4 Likes

Oh I love the metal tag addition to this scrappy project! A unique kwality twist!

2 Likes

Beautiful! :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

This is so lovely! The shape and metal tag really add to the design, very smart!

I’ve been working on a batch of these kind of bowls in a smaller size with scraps of fabric and piping cord, they are so much fun to sew. You’re inspiring to go make some more!

1 Like

What a cheery, useful item! So sunshiny!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Happy, happy, happy! This bowl is so cheerful and I love the tag, too!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I adore your creation! It’s sunny perfection! :heart:

2 Likes