Super Smash Bros Cake

For my kiddo’s seventh birthday (and his second birthday ruined by Covid), he requested a Super Smash Bros theme. Specifically, he wanted a cake that looked like one of the final levels in the game. This was a vanilla cake baked in a half-sphere pan. The crystals are grey isomalt molded in crystal silicone molds I had sitting around. I also made chocolate clay and colored it grey to make the spikes in the back and form around the tea light to make it look kinda like an engine. There was also a rave hair clip made of out of light filaments to add extra light in the back. (The figurines are Amiibos that he wanted for his birthday and I found on eBay.) It was a pretty fun birthday even though he didn’t get to have a party. :heart:

(The giant piñata in the background was my attempt at a smash ball)

18 Likes

Wow, what a great cake! I bet he was thrilled.

We’ve promised ourselves “birthday do-overs” once we’re free to run around.

2 Likes

That cake is absolutely epic!!!

2 Likes

Wow, your cake baking skills are impressive! You are so inventive. I’m sure your son absolutely loved his cake. It almost looks too good to eat.

@steiconi I’m much more of a ‘sit at home with cake and tea’ person than a ‘party all night’ person, but I’ve also decided that once this is finally over we’ll be having a big party in a venue for all of our missed birthdays.

2 Likes

That is just awesome! I know he loved it.

1 Like

Wow!! Incredible!

1 Like

I’m sure he’s going to remember this cake forever. What a great birthday surprise!

3 Likes

Wow!! This is such an awesome cake!! And I love your smash ball pinata as well!

Happy Birthday to your son!

2 Likes

Actually, we’re not party people, either. Our do overs will involve travel, shopping, and restaurants!

3 Likes

The Little Mac falling off the stage is an incredibly funny touch. :joy:

1 Like

This is an absolutely delight! I’m sure it was a memorable birthday, even if life is still strange right now. Awesome Mom award! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :birthday:

2 Likes

WOWZERS! Great cake! So sorry for the kiddos facing yet another Covid birthday! Ugh.

2 Likes

I bet he was so excited! You did a great job!

2 Likes

:dizzy: Oooooh yeaaaaaah! Your wonderful project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Ooh congrats!

1 Like

I would be blown away of I got a cake like that. Super cool!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s spectacular! Amazing work!

1 Like

Woooooow! It looks so close to the picture…but you can eat it :smiley:

1 Like