Swap Bookmarks

I made these bookmarks for the recent bookmark swap!

The jackalope on the left came from a calendar & the background is from a magazine page I’d been holding onto for a while. When I noticed they matched up, I had to make a bookmark out of them!

The Moomins on the right were traced from pictures I found online & the rest is made from scrapbooking paper from my stash.

The two drawn ones in the middle were colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. I forgot to take individual pictures of them, so here they are before I cut them out (with all of my color test scribbles :laughing:):

19 Likes

These are fantastic. I love the drawn ones. Your lettering is perfect!

3 Likes

This was such a fun swap!! Your bookmarks are lovely and I love the β€œwindow” into your artistic process. I agree- awesome lettering, too!

2 Likes

These are all so great! Man, I love a cool book mark.

1 Like

Wow, these are terrific! Love the hand-drawn ones especially (though that jackalope picture is very cool!) That β€œlife” quote is so funny!

2 Likes

I especially love the drawn ones, but the others are great too! The little nessie one is adorable and I love how you added the black to the moomin one on the background to make it all flow together. Lovely!

2 Likes

Thank you all! :smiley:

(I thought my lettering could use some practice - it’s not as neat as it used to be when I took drafting classes :grin:)

2 Likes

I love them!
My favorites are the middle ones, the ones you drew.

2 Likes

These are great. My favorite is the Loch Ness. I love Cryptozoology and the quote is amazing!

2 Likes

Too cute! The quote on the Nessie one is perfect :smile:

2 Likes

you are very talented! these are all so cute, and I def want to use your cryptid as a model in the future! I would have never thought of only drawing the part above water!
AND
the quote by Frederick Douglass is a little heart-stopping when I think of how impactful that quote must have been in that day
Thanks for sharing the process of your making!

2 Likes