Swedish-ish mini quilt

Here is a little quilt I made for a swap with a member of my guild. The center is a machine embroidery design I purchased. (I didn’t have the time and I don’t really have the chops to draw and digitize something like that yet.) It is hand quilted. The little blue border is there because I was having challenges with getting my seam allowances measured properly. They are actually all identical but I cut out and made the center before I sewed the border blocks together. Since those seams were smaller than I thought and because I wasn’t about to rip them out and start over, I simply added the extra in the form of an inner border.

It is hand quilted. (I am feeling really rusty with my FMQ skills and didn’t want to mess this one up.)

The Mister loves it so I am probably going to remake this one with the leftover fabric.

21 Likes

I love this & have so much grabby paws!!!

2 Likes

The colors and subject make this very sweet.

1 Like

The colors and composition are fabulous! What a lovely piece.

1 Like

Love it so much!

1 Like

Beautiful! I like the inner blue border. It totally looks intentional. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the color scheme!

1 Like

Lovely. You did a great job tying your focal embroidery to the colors in the patchwork print.

2 Likes

thank you. If I do it again, I will use a slightly darker blue in the embroidery.

I love this so much! The color combination and the pattern are just lovely.

1 Like

Incredible fabric choices. I know your partner had to be thrilled.
They just POP

Very pretty! That embroidery is a great match for your fabrics!

1 Like

Gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The blue border really balancesthe piece. I wouldn’t guess it wasn’t planned like that.

1 Like