Swirl Stitch Temari

Made this Temari ball for @Abbeeroad in the Invite Your Partner swap. (Thanks for agreeing to swap with me, Abbie!)

I’d had this swirl stitch pattern on my “maybe someday” list for a long time, but assumed it was way above my skill level. BUT, once I looked into it and found an online tutorial, I discovered that it is actually quite forgiving if your mari isn’t quite perfectly round, or isn’t measured exactly right. Yay! Perfect for me.

26 Likes

Wow! That is amazing! Beautiful!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I’d never have guessed you had any doubt in your ability, because this looks perfect.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

WOW! This is kind of mesmerizing. Reminds me of our atmosphere or a liquid planet.

2 Likes

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! It was fun to do, and exciting to watch the pattern take shape.

1 Like

This is simply beautiful, I have no clue how you even start something like this.

2 Likes

This is so very cool and beautiful!

2 Likes

It is absolutely STUNNING!! I’m in awe of this little ball!!!

2 Likes

This is stunning!

2 Likes

this is absolutely stunning

2 Likes

That is gorgeous!! (suddenly I want to adapt that pattern to a clay texture tool…)

2 Likes

Oh my word, this is unbelievably amazing, wow!

1 Like

I looked at the tutorial and it made it even more impressive! I have never seen anything like this before. It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

2 Likes

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

Beautiful work! I make a doodle similar to this but can’t imagine stitching it.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! It’s like waves. Idk if I’m thinking of the same doodle style as @Cindy but I also thought of a doodle (possibly called “ricochet lines”?) – pretty incredible to see a 3D version :smile:

2 Likes