Sylvia & Socrates Squibbs, the Squirrel Lanterns

While all of us are trapped inside, you know who’s free to roam the neighborhood, and move into your backyard uninvited? Those devious little devils of acorn hoarding. Those tricksy little birdseed thieves. My sweet princess Astrid’s arch nemesis… The Squirrels.

In this case, one stealthy couple in particular. May I introduce Sylvia & Socrates Squibbs, banes of my backyard. Yesterday I think they even got into the house for awhile. I kept seeing things flicker in the corner of my eye…

Come nightfall they grew bold, and brazenly raided my kitchen for any nuts they could find. I managed to snag a picture of one in passing. I think this one is Sylvia, but I can’t be sure. They are both so tricksy.

All joking aside, these were cut on my Silhouette, from some scrapbook paper given to me by @pottermouth. I was terrified the whole time I was weeding them, that I’d accidentally tear them, but they came out just fine. The cut file came from the Silhouette design store. I just wish the designer had left a bit more room for overlap. Otherwise a sweet and simple project. This last shot is with it full dark in the house, against a battery operated faux candle in a mason jar.

12 Likes

Wow I love this! And those dang squirrels!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Those sneaky squirrels! I hope Ms. Astrid has a plan for the (outside) squirrels. The inside ones are lovely!

1 Like

those are very pretty. I never would have guessed the were made of paper.

1 Like

Gorgeous despite those pesky squirrels :wink:

1 Like

These are amazing! I mean, treacherous and nefarious - OBVIOUSLY - but amazing!

1 Like

Beautiful tricksy squirrels!

1 Like

They are so stealthy and beautiful!

1 Like

It took me waaaay too long to see the squirrels amidst the scroll work and figure out why you were referring to your lanterns as squirrels :woman_facepalming:

These came out really nice!

1 Like

hmm those squirrels might have just convinced me to get my machine out of the box…

They are so intricate and look like metal from afar…beautiful, even if they are pests!!

1 Like