Tag request: canning/preservation

I chose “misc” for my applesauce, apple butter, and apple cider vinegar post, but I would love to have a canning tag. Though some canned things could be “dishes” on their own, I think they are more related to each other than to a side dish or snack category.

To go more broad than canning, maybe “food preservation” could work! It would cover a variety of ways to preserve like canning (pickles, jams, sauces), fermenting (saurkrauts, hot sauces, tempeh), drying (fruit leathers, herbal tea blends), meat curing (salamis, salted meats), candying (fruits, ginger)… I would love to see things like this under a common tag!

3 Likes

Only if you promise to share your strawberry jam with us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also @MissingWillow, @MistressJennie and @craftADDchick have to share their syrups, and jellies, and FRUIT BUTTER, too. :raised_hands:

Word on the street is @Drtonguestoys makes some mean pickles, too. :grin:

I might just be hungry, but I’m liking the sound of this. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!

And strawberry jam is guaranteed :wink: - last year I did strawberry kiwi :strawberry::kiwi_fruit:

Would you believe I just today canned a batch of Thai sweet dipping sauce and took in-process photos to post it here?

1 Like

I solemnly swear to share my canning recipes. :wink:

1 Like

While I don’t have any strawberry, I have plenty of other stuff…I could send you a care package!

1 Like

Go forth and can all the things! https://forum.lettucecraft.com/tags/canning

3 Likes

Hooray! Thank you! :tada::tada:

1 Like

Hooray! Thanks, sweets4ever!

Hopefully I can get more canning done this year and maybe use some other food preservation methods, too (like fermenting).

1 Like