Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge

@MistressJennie it pains me that you limited the challenge to one entry per person. It is a fair and reasonable rule, but I want to enter All The Things! :smile:

4 Likes

WORD, sister. You said my feels exactly!

2 Likes

I get it. Some of you Scrap Mavens canā€™t help making scrappy things. Scrappers Gonna Scrap! But I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to change the rules of a Challenge partway through, and this is how LC Challenges have been run since we started at the new site.

HOWEVERā€¦ I would allow folks who just want to keep the scrappy goodness going, to submit multiple scrappy projects, then choose JUST ONE to be voted on. So for example, Magpie could have her previously submitted Little Red pouch, and then decide to also enter a necklace of scrappy beads, and a scrappy fabric bin. But she would have to note which one she wants as the actual entry to be voted on, prior to the Voting Poll being posted. For anyone who entered multiple projects, but neglected to choose a favorite, I would simply use their last scrappy project, as the one for voting.

How does this sound?

4 Likes

@MistressJennie that sounds like fun. I can certainly enter some other projects. I will call them my participation ribbon entries.

Also, I hope my previous comment didnā€™t come off as a complaint. The intent was to be light hearted. No one wants @Magpie and I to bomb this thread with the entire contents of our scrap stash. :smile:

5 Likes

No, all is well. I assumed it was lighthearted. :blush:

3 Likes

:trophy::trophy::trophy:Participation Trophy Entry :trophy::trophy::trophy:

I made this scrappy American flag for my friend. I was especially excited to use up a ton of awful, scratchy, stiff vintage lace. It reminds me of the tights with the rows of lace on the butt that I wore to church as a kid.

Scrappy American Flag

6 Likes

I think Iā€™ll actually have a project for this challengeā€¦maybe.

3 Likes

Yay!!!

2 Likes

I had high hopes of finding my scrappy quilt top, which was packed in a box from the move, and getting it finished in time. But though I DID find the quilt top, Iā€™ve got so many things going on over the next two weeks, Iā€™m not sure I could get a quilt done in that time. BUTā€¦ I might have come up with a good idea for my quilt scrapsā€¦ Just gotta do another prayer flag first, like a responsible swapper! Then on to this challengeā€¦

7 Likes

I made this bag for school and my mom thought it would be a good idea to enter this competition! Initially I was planning to give this bag to my grandma but my mom wanted it so i gave it to her instead. She uses it for work all the time :laughing:

Scrappy bag

8 Likes

I made a scrappy heart garland using various paper scraps. It barely made a dent!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry! Scrunchies made from the scraps of pants I recently hemmed!

Scrappy Scrunchies

9 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry! I turned my quilting scraps into coasters for my newly remodeled spaces.

7 Likes

My entry, a scrappy improv lap quilt.

10 Likes

I have a scrappy quilt that is on hold due to my sewing machine not stepping up to the challenge. Itā€™s just not feeding heavier items well. So it wonā€™t make the deadline.

But then I realized that my crazy crocheted basket marathon was a scrappy project. I two bins of wool, cotton, acryic, unknown origin, and fancy yarn. I now have just a vit left and 14 baskets to donate to our church holiday fair.

12 Likes

I need to start on my projects!! Iā€™ve got a few ideas but Iā€™m running out of time.

2 Likes

After days and days of hooking, I finished my scrappy granny stripe blanket!

9 Likes

All our new entries have been added to the list!

5 Likes

Hope I did this correctly!

Doll Clothes - Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry

4 Likes

Iā€™m finishing the hand stitching on my project so I can get it posted before the deadline tonight. Anyone else still scrapping?!?! Remember, submissions myst be posted by Midnight tonight!

3 Likes