Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge

I had high hopes of finding my scrappy quilt top, which was packed in a box from the move, and getting it finished in time. But though I DID find the quilt top, I’ve got so many things going on over the next two weeks, I’m not sure I could get a quilt done in that time. BUT… I might have come up with a good idea for my quilt scraps… Just gotta do another prayer flag first, like a responsible swapper! Then on to this challenge…

7 Likes

I made this bag for school and my mom thought it would be a good idea to enter this competition! Initially I was planning to give this bag to my grandma but my mom wanted it so i gave it to her instead. She uses it for work all the time :laughing:

Scrappy bag

8 Likes

I made a scrappy heart garland using various paper scraps. It barely made a dent!

5 Likes

Here’s my entry! Scrunchies made from the scraps of pants I recently hemmed!

Scrappy Scrunchies

9 Likes

Here’s my entry! I turned my quilting scraps into coasters for my newly remodeled spaces.

7 Likes

My entry, a scrappy improv lap quilt.

10 Likes

I have a scrappy quilt that is on hold due to my sewing machine not stepping up to the challenge. It’s just not feeding heavier items well. So it won’t make the deadline.

But then I realized that my crazy crocheted basket marathon was a scrappy project. I two bins of wool, cotton, acryic, unknown origin, and fancy yarn. I now have just a vit left and 14 baskets to donate to our church holiday fair.

12 Likes

I need to start on my projects!! I’ve got a few ideas but I’m running out of time.

2 Likes

After days and days of hooking, I finished my scrappy granny stripe blanket!

9 Likes

All our new entries have been added to the list!

5 Likes

Hope I did this correctly!

Doll Clothes - Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry

4 Likes

I’m finishing the hand stitching on my project so I can get it posted before the deadline tonight. Anyone else still scrapping?!?! Remember, submissions myst be posted by Midnight tonight!

3 Likes

I’m not going to make the deadline, but I hope everyone else who’s still crafting today does! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

And finally, my entry!

5 Likes

:scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors:

Voting is NOW OPEN in this Challenge! You can see links to every entry at the bottom of the first post in the thread, and you can vote for your favorite in the second post of the thread. So go vote!

:scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors: :yarn: :carpentry_saw: :wood: :pie: :scissors: :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :thread: :safety_pin: :scissors:

5 Likes

I voted! It was a tough choice with so many awesome projects to choose from!!

4 Likes

Only 13 voters? There are 5 days left!

1 Like

I voted too, but I wanted to vote for everyone’s projects, they’re all so great!

Thank you @MistressJennie for this challenge, it was really inspiring! I also made a project to join in. I missed entering it here as I’ve been a bit unwell, but I’m just happy to have made it, and I’ll post it soon anyway. It was lots of fun :grinning:

3 Likes

What a great challenge and such beautiful projects. It was so hard deciding what to vote on because I love all of the scrappiness!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Kwality570! Your Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket has won the Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge! And thank you to all of our participants for helping to make our site a wonderful, vibrant, creative space! Every one of you inspired me with this Challenge!

Kwality570, @sweets4ever will be sending you your $20 Amazon Gift Card prize, so stay in touch with her for that!

9 Likes