Tea Tag Art Journal Pages #1-6

I started playing with art journal pages again. These are done after opening a packet of Yogi tea (because they have inspirational messages on the tea tags). Mostly experimental and not planned in advance but I’m enjoying the process and results :slightly_smiling_face: Here are the six I’ve done so far:

#1 “Socialize with compassion, kindness, and grace”

#2 “If you do anything out of sheer compassion, you will never be wrong.”

#3 “In every moment of life, you should be what you ought to be.”

This quote is from Elfquest Book 2 *(Elfquest art copyright Warp Graphics, Inc. Elfquest, its logos, characters, situations, all related indicia, and their distinctive likenesses are trademarks of Warp Graphics, Inc. All rights reserved.):

#4 “Give happiness and you will end up happy.”

#5 “The principal ingredient of life is love.”

#6 “Love is the ultimate law of life.”

Thanks for looking! :smile: And if you know of any other tea brands that have quotes/saying/etc on their tags please let me know :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

I love what you did with the little quotes. I like the easy there is all this wonderful artwork and then a little hidden message.

1 Like

What a great project! I feel like this is what they would hope for in planting those little messages: taking a tiny piece of wisdom and expanding into something beautiful.
Traditional Medicinals tea has a variety of quotes on their bag labels, not as deep as Yogi tea’s and there aren’t too many total I’ve found. Nevertheless, they’re there and they have really good teas for cold season. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I knew I had seen some other ones somewhere but I couldn’t remember the brand. Not that I would pick a tea based only on packaging I could re-purpose for crafting… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I like the addition of the metallics. The quotes are neat too…

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for metallic paints! :smile:

1 Like

How cool is this? Tea tags… what a fun source of inspiration! And your work is so vibrant! I was pretty tickled to see the Elfquest reference, too! I think we have all of those books.

1 Like

Thank you! I love Elfquest, it’s one of my favorite things :heart:

1 Like

this is great. love all your colors.

1 Like

I love these. I have been thinking about doing something like this as I journal most days. Elfquest! I remember getting those from the library and having to hide them from my mother due to semi-racy drawings. I’m going to put some on hold at the library right now!

1 Like

Can’t decide which page I like best! I have a small collection of yogi tea tags tacked up in my office because the phrases are so impactful. What a clever way to incorporate them in your art!

1 Like

You can also read most of them for free online :wink:

These are wonderful @Reinikka I love the quotes and that they are an inspiration for you in your pages.

1 Like