Tea Towel Tote Bags ~ Upcycled set of Three

I love tea towels! But they are not a practical accessory in my home… We use them occasionally as decorations but mostly they are left unused and sad in a dark linen closet. Here are three that narrowly escaped our last purge by being moved to my craft pile instead of the give-away pile. And now they are happy accessories for shopping and traveling :heart:

Here they are all together:

And some closeups!

Front & back of the calendar tea towel. For this tore I simply turned my towel sideways and added some fabric at the new bottom edge. Lined with the same fabric and gave it some nice long straps.

Front, back, and straps of the egg tote. I cut this one in half and used one half for the front and the other for the back with some pretty fabric for the bottom and lining. I didn’t have enough of that fabric for the straps so I used some other fun fabric to extend them :wink:

And for the strawberry tote I used some different fabric for the lining. I love this fabric but it is a little too cutesy for me now that I’m older… I love the extra bit of fun when I look inside :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And here they are again, backsides :slight_smile:

Thank you for looking! :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Those are great!

1 Like

Great use of cute textiles!

1 Like

Cute!! :blush:

1 Like

What a great upcycle!

1 Like

What a brilliant idea, they look great

1 Like

Thank you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love these!

1 Like

I absolutely love them.

But, how do you not use tea towels in your daily life???

2 Likes

Agree these are all adorable! Think the strawberry one is my favorite… No, maybe the calendar… or maybe the egg… gahhh I can’t choose!

Have to also agree with @Renstar; any tea towels from my household would be too stained or frayed for a project like this!

1 Like

Love these! So glad to see that you’ve managed to find a good use for them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love these so hard!

1 Like

This are a wonderful way to use such great tea towels that have been hiding in your closet!

1 Like

I use them as a hand towel but they’re not as absorbent as terrycloth… I used to use them to cover fruit, fresh bread, etc. but just haven’t been using them for so long. They were just ready for a new life :sweat_smile: But I absolutely use tote bags and am always looking for an empty one when I want to go shopping (they collect craft projects, un-sorted things, things that need to be put away… etc) :rofl: so this seemed like the perfect destiny for them :heart: I’m even going to keep my eye out when I go thrift shopping for more tea towels that need a new purpose :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I use plain tea towels as hand towels, but these are too cute for that. They make such pretty tote bags!

1 Like

Oh, the berries! Those are adorable.

1 Like

I love the egg fabric!

1 Like

Very cute!

1 Like

What a smart and useful way to upcycle your tea towels! They came out great!

1 Like

:two_hearts: Your magnificent project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like