Teaching myself embroidery in 2020

Hi folks,

I finally found time to spend looking around at this new platform and it’s been so fun to see people posting their amazing work. I’ve been teaching myself to embroider this year and have been really enjoying it so far. I’ve learned a lot already (like how some hoop styles are awful, or how important it can be to keep the back somewhat neat) and thought I’d share the progression in order.

Very first finished hoop

NSFW

#10 (I do NOT recommend these hoops. They’re so cute but they don’t hold the fabric at all)

33 Likes

Each is so interesting and unique but OMG, that rainbow!

4 Likes

These are fantastic! I’m partal to the bridge.

Keep ‘um coming!

2 Likes

Wow! These are all so cool! Hard to believe you are new to embroidery… I love the bridge and the rainbow has such depth and texture. Nice!!!

3 Likes

The perspective of the bridge is cool. My fave is your first one with the flowers and bee!

3 Likes

OH WOW! These are amazing. I love the textures you used and the colors. Amazing work!

2 Likes

embroidery is difficult, but you rocked it! I don’t know which is my fave! The rainbow is definitely in the lead!

2 Likes

I can’t believe you are just teaching yourself! These are all amazing!

2 Likes

Lovely progression (& I like how you’ve got “progress not perfection” just slipped in the middle there…). Even your first piece would look great on a wall somewhere, & I agree with @Magpie on the couched rainbow being extra cool. Looking forward to seeing what you do next! :grinning:

2 Likes

You did all these this year?! Wow! These are incredible!!! 1) I love the flowers and bee. It’s very pretty. 2)The little puff of steam is so clever! 3)Important statement and neatly done lettering. 4)Neat effect with the stumpwork. that is stumpwork, right? I don’t know embroidery terms but it’s cool.
5) So bright and fun! 6)Great letting. Very clear. 7) This one is my absolute favorite! It makes my heart stop. I love everything about it! The colors, the effects, the image. LOVE IT!!! 8) Hey, we all have to one finger salute sometimes. :laughing: 9) This is 100% my type of image. I love UFO’s and Bigfoot! Very cool! 10) the frame does look neat. Sorry it was such a pain.

3 Likes

These are all wonderful!

2 Likes

Those are all so cool and amazing that I cannot pick my favorite. Great job!

2 Likes

They are all awesome! I think I love the bridge the most!

1 Like

What an amazing collection!
And you only taught yourself embroidery this year? Amazing!

1 Like

These are all so good! Love it!

1 Like

The UFO sasquatch is fun!

:metal:

1 Like

Thank you so much for all of the kind words everyone! I haven’t been a part of the craftster/lettuce craft community in years and now I’m remembering why I used to love it so much! So much positivity and inspiration on here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Nicole. Your work is beautiful! I love it all, but the spaceship with Bigfoot is hilarious!! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow those are all fantastic. Incredible stitching and great choice of projects. I love them all

1 Like

You have great style! The rainbow technique is so cool. My favorite of the lot is Exist Loudly, the colors and sentiment are very uplifting to me.

1 Like