Teal grunge dinosaur quilt

whelp. it has been FAR too long since i last posted here, and i have a lot of catching up to do!
2020 was a lot of changes, but i left my teaching job after playing the waiting game and now work FULL TIME at a local quilt shop, which means i get to make shop samples :slight_smile:
the first one up that wasn’t a holiday one was one i have been dying to do for myself, and it is the elizabeth hartman dinosaurs quilt. my boss asked me to make a shop sample, which is leading to making kits as well, so i pulled some of my most favorite grunge in my favorite colors and created this little beauty. we also have qnique 21 long arms at the shop, so i was able to quilt it with the perfect pantograph to coordinate. i love this sooooo much, and i will absolutely be making it larger for myself!!
i pieced my backing using the star version of one of the greens used in the plants combined with scraps from the fat quarters that i didn’t use.

36 Likes

What a dream job!! That’s so neat you get to do the samples too! Do you get to keep it after it’s no longer displayed or does it belong to the store?

3 Likes

Ah! It’s so awesome! Love the colors, too. Can’t wait to see more store samples from you! Congrats on the job!

3 Likes

It looks great! I love Elizabeth Hartman’s designs.

2 Likes

I think you might have just found the job of your life! What a fabulous looking and fun quilt! Love what you did to the back as well…both sides can be displayed or used!

3 Likes

Great quilt! I used to work at a fabric store, and we got to keep projects we made for display. But stores vary.

3 Likes

This is super cute! I love all of the dinosaurs! :sauropod:

2 Likes

RAWR! This turned out great! And congratulations on your new job!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new job, it sounds amazing! The grunge colors work perfectly here, great color choices! I like how you added some of the dotted material as well. This will make a really nice kit!

3 Likes

So cute!!!

2 Likes

So cute! :t_rex: I love your color selection too. Congratulations on the new job.

3 Likes

How absolutely adorable! I adore the colors you used too!
Also congrats on landing a job that sounds so perfect for you!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i totally do!
not that i have anyone baby sized in my life to give it to yet, but it will definitely hang on my own wall when it’s mine again!

3 Likes

That is adorable. I like the colors too.

2 Likes

Love this so much!!

I’m planning to make the same pattern for my oldest grand daughter this year but in pinks.

4 Likes

I LOVE this! I love how the back and the front are both so gorgeous. Great work.

3 Likes

I love dinosaurs! This is so cute. The colors are absolutely perfect. I want to see the bigger one you make for yourself too. It’s going to be amazing too. Jealous of your skills, and job!

2 Likes

Oh, that is precious! :grin: The little dinosaur shapes all over in the quilting really are darling!

1 Like

It’s gorgeous! Great job! Love dinosaurs

1 Like

I love this! The colours and the pattern. Fabulous

1 Like