Teeny Tiny Porcelain Vases

They are stunning! Are the insides still hollow too?

1 Like

(Oh, and @artsycandice, yours will be on its way to you very shortly! I had a little postage snafu, so it will go out on Thursday, due to the holiday! :slightly_frowning_face: So many apologies…)

No worries at all. I will be tickled whenever it arrives. :wink:

1 Like

You are astounding. Utterly astounding. :astonished:

1 Like

These are amazingly tiny and perfect. I can’t believe you are throwing them with a toothpick!

1 Like

Thank you, all!

Yep! You can make sounds on many of them by blowing across the top like a normal bottle. Not that I’ve tried or anything…

2 Likes

Wanty wanty wanty want! I have a terrible case of desire for the entire box full of them, it is a torment!

1 Like

Lovely!

1 Like

For some reason I have an immense desire to fill these bottles with individual cat whiskers.
:joy_cat:
They are beautiful!

3 Likes

I love them so much!!! They are so damn adorable, and really makes me want to buy a kiln… I’m tempted to see how much one costs here, and how much electricity it will use XD because I so want to try out pottery.

And if you need reading glasses to see them then maybe (Just maybe) they are small enough.

1 Like

@Magpie - Teehee! I was just happy they survived firing. So much time went into that tiny box! HAHA

@AcadianDriftwood - Oh my gosh! That’s a great idea! I know I have a stash of whiskers somewhere because I usually cannot get myself to throw them away when I find them…

@imera - I actually use a local community studio. I am not sure our home electrical grid can actually support the power needed for a kiln to reach cone 10, and it’s nice to be able to share resources when doing something that uses up the energy that pottery does. Maybe you have an option for a community studio or local classes, which might make it easier?

2 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

There used to be a woman here in town, but apparently she no longer makes pottery, and as far as I know there is nothing anywhere near here, closest I’ve found is 2.5 hour away, and it’s classes. But we’ll see, eventually I’ll get to try it

1 Like

Wow! These are amazing, I’ve never seen such tiny pottery, they are wonderful!

1 Like

You need to post photos of the process! I can’t for the life of me figure out how you make pottery so small!

1 Like

Toothpicks!!! I was wondering about your tools! Fabulous.

Seriously?? These are the cutest, tiniest, little things ever. I am in love!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve taken some timelapse videos of a slightly bigger size. I’m not sure I can get a camera set up close enough to see what I am doing at this size, but I’ll be back in the studio next week, so I can play around. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m all about “unconventional” tools. It’s easy to spend a lot of money on weird specialized stabby things for pottery, but toothpicks, dental floss, and razor blades are my go-to tools for the teeny things.

1 Like

Awesome!
I love your tiny vases.

Those are so epically amazing!!! <3
You are so talented- I can’t believe they are THAT small, seeing them with the dime is mind blowing. And they are just gorgeous too.

I love, love, love these! :heart: :heart_eyes: