Teesha Moore Patch Display

^~^The project itself is not embroidery, but every little patch is! I’m hoping anyone looking for Teesha Moore ( TM ) patch projects would look here and maybe be inspired. Please move if this is a no-go. ^~^

Here is my TM modular wall art display:

The patches themselves are embroidery, but instead of stitching together, I purchased these little clips I bought from Michaels. (Right now they are on clearance for $2 - grab 'em while they’re hot!)

The 2 white hooks are from the home area at Wally World. The dowel is from HD (cut down), and the top clips are attached to the dowel via silver wire.

I laid it out on the floor first, to wiggle with the shapes rather than try to do it while on a ladder. I like being able to move them around if I wanted (although I don’t see that happening), AND it accommodates wonky or none rectangle/square shapes. Woot! Also, I have enough room to add onto the bottom, or another column on the side. More clips will stabilize it, but for me, this is fine.

I wrote the names of the swappers on the back, too. Do you recognize yours?

Final shout out to @curiousfae for the inspiration!

33 Likes

I love your wall of wonderful patches! So inspirational.

2 Likes

Wonderful! I always wondered what people did with them.

3 Likes

I cannot express enough love for this!!

2 Likes

What a fantastic idea, looks positively amazing. How inspiring to see them all together like that too, individual works by different artists displayed as a cohesive exhibit. Niiice!

4 Likes

Great execution! I love the fact that it looks like a quilt that was stitched with metal. :slight_smile: The metal just brings a little industrial to the soft, pillowey, embroidered awesomeness.

3 Likes

This makes me laugh. I didn’t give them much though, either, until @Ludi sent me my first one in a Garden Swap on Craftster. (It’s the only one not included) They’re so textural, I just fell in love!

This was all @curiousfae . She send a photo with hers all laid out and I was jelly! What to do?!

I like to say I planned it, because I love the juxtaposition, but it was the only thing I could find where I could join things together with pinchy parts.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate you!

2 Likes

This is a brilliant way to display all those pieces of mini art. Love it!

2 Likes

What a striking way to present these wee works of fiber art!

2 Likes

In the original Teesha Moore videos on YouTube, she joined them together to make journal covers. But folks on here and the old site have made bags with them.

There are 4 parts, listed under her husband’s name Tracy Moore.

4 Likes

I love this unique way to showcase your TM patches!

2 Likes

This is really cool! I mean, really cool. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I wish I had saved more photos from the old site. I made lovely Teesha Moore patch bags for my mom and sister and I don’t have the photos. I’m particularly proud of the one full of prairie, bison, and other nature images I made for my sister. I love TM patches and can’t wait to get my partner in the current swap!

6 Likes

@Tanath has some wicked wayback search powers, maybe your pics are still out there somewhere…

3 Likes

I have been summoned!
here you go:

@MightyMitochondria - click on your username there and it will take you to your profile page archive, it has links to some of your other projects. The archive isn’t always complete, so some stuff might be missing.

8 Likes

You are such a dear, I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate your help with this sort of thing. It’s an amazing skill, thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Tanath and @Magpie! I found both bags. I hope you don’t mind me sharing.

First, my sister’s bag with the stunning white bison patch made by @JoyfulClover.

Second, my mom’s bag. Both @JoyfulClover and @craftADDchick contributed gorgeous patches for this bag.

And here is another one I made for my sweet little girl.

12 Likes

Yes! Excellent! I love these photos, they are deliciously good!

2 Likes

I had clean forgotten about the owl! Awww, I love where it landed!

And anytime your sister wants to give up her bag, you tell her NOT TO WORRY! Because that bag would have a home with me!

3 Likes

Such fantastic bags! It always amazes me how wonderful the varied styles and colors of the patches just work so well together. It’s so fun to see how everyone’s patches are incorporated into a project.

4 Likes