Temari necklace and blue Kiku

I’m so excited that @AcadianDriftwood received these so I can now share the pictures with everyone.

I made a mini Temari ball as a pendant. It has a ball bearing as the core, to give it a little weight. The ball bearing was slippery, so I covered it with a couple of glue dots, and that helped me get started winding the thread around it.

The other swap gift was my first Kiku Temari, an 8-point blue one.

image image

It was fun to swap these! I just can’t stop making them, so it was nice to have someone to send to.

16 Likes

Making it into a necklace was a fun change. Could you go smaller? Earrings?

2 Likes

Probably could! Would not do the ball bearing for earrings, so they would be very light.

2 Likes

Love the necklace version!

2 Likes

I was wondering what made the necklace nice and hefty! It’s perfect to fiddle with.

1 Like

So gorgeous, oh my. And that mini? Get outta here…

2 Likes

Wow, awesome!

2 Likes

It turned out great! That temari necklace is such a special piece.

1 Like

Ooh that blue ball is gorgeous! Love the idea of the necklace too - dont suppose you ever thought if making one using the same blues as that lovely larger ball?

I didn’t think of that, but it would be pretty! @AcadianDriftwood listed “blues with white” as one of her preferred color schemes, and also greens with neutrals. So I did one of each.

However, the color of the blue one isn’t really correct in either picture. The first one is a little closer.

so LITTLE!!! but utterly perfect! amazing for sure!

1 Like

Thanks, everybody!

Oh my goodness! Both are so lovely.

1 Like

They are both beautiful. If you ever want to swap for something knit feel free to PM me as I would love a temari ball.

1 Like

Wow! Those are sooo beautiful!!!

1 Like

Oh, that is is just exquisite! Beautiful work!!

1 Like

Ho Lee krap that necklace is amazing!

1 Like