Terkoise thing (aka teal playsuit)

Yup, that’s what Mr Loops called the zip file he sent me my photos across in… Rofl :rofl:

Anyways, hi you crafty bunch!

Now I’ve wanted a nice summer playsuit for I don’t know how long! Downfall is I have big boobs and a long body and none of them fit me properly. I did manage to get a super sparkly and stretchy Xmas jumpsuit a couple of years ago that wasn’t too bad a fit as long as I wore it off the shoulders, but that’s about it, and that’s not really summer-wear! :sunny:

So finally I got round to making myself one, and I’m in :heart: with it!!!

Teal is defo one of my fave colours at the moment (tho to be fair, I love pretty much ALL the colours!), and this is such a lovely floaty summery stretch fabric (from Minerva). Being a viscose jersey it certainly made me remember why I like it better than cotton jersey, cos the black trim and pockets on it are cotton jersey and the rolling was immense, lol.

I used the Patterns for Pirates Runabout Romper that I bought ages ago and never got round to making (like most of the patterns I have to be honest!!). I made the shorts and off the shoulder dolman options, and I made a few adaptations to fit my shape. I took an inch off the height of the shorts, added a couple of inches to the length of the legs (I like a good length on my shorts for ample chub rub prevention!), and added a couple of inches to the length of the top. In my next version I think I’ll probably take off another inch from the height of the shorts, and add another inch or two to the top length.

I really love it so expect to see another very similar outfit in the next week or two cos I got some cute grey skull jersey fabric that I want to make one with too and I can’t wait to get another done to wear whilst we still have some summer (such as it is in the UK…) left :crazy_face: :skull:

Hey, I had a little fabric leftover… guess which pup is going to be getting a matching t-shirt?.. :grin:

Edit: → I MADE IT!!

Hope you like! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

26 Likes

Awesome!! I love the pockets.

1 Like

I love it, the colour is fab and you look great in it. I can’t wait to see the skull jersey fabric (where did you get it?)

2 Likes

It’s a cute one, fairly basic but I thought it would make a more casual playsuit :smiley: I got it at Minerva which is where I tend to get most fabrics from these days.

I’m trying to decide whether to make another off the shoulder dolman top part, or do the tank option instead, I don’t like my upper arms so it’s great to hide them with a dolman, but I do like vest tops!

1 Like

Your posts are so fun to read! I love the romper…it looks comfortable and stylish.

2 Likes

So cute! Love that color on you!

2 Likes

Your clothing adventures are some of my favorite posts to see on this site. I love teal too! And doggo is just precious!

2 Likes

So cute! It looks like it’s super comfortable, but still is such a nice fit! While I’m looking forward to seeing your next one, what I’m really excited about is the mommy-and-me look with the pupper’s matching t-shirt!

1 Like

@TheMistressT Cripes I need to figure out where I put my dog t-shirt pattern, with the house move and everything - whilst I have unpacked all the boxes - I didn’t necessarily pay that much attention to where I put things, lol. We’re getting a couple of filing cabinets for the garage though so I’ll defo be using one so I can store my patterns better :wink:

@Lynx Awww thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and you guys keep me wanting to make more and to try new things as well.

2 Likes

Romper is super cute! Loving your hair color, too.

1 Like

Aww thank you so much :smiley: I wish the colour would last longer, I can’t get hold of my normal brand and this one doesn’t last long at all, booooo!

Its adorable and a great color on you!

1 Like

I love it! You did such a good job!

1 Like

Gorgeous,and you look fabulous. Pro skills even matching the lines on the legs.

2 Likes