Terrazzo earrings (+ tutorial)

These type of earrings are popping up everywhere so I had to try my hand at them too.
I don’t like working with white polymer clay because of all the dust particles that get stuck in there that you didn’t know you had. I managed to get most of them off with nail polish remover.
If anyone has any tips or tricks, let me know!

And for size

ETA: Tutorial:
This is a great way to use old leftover clay :smiley:

1. Roll out a piece of white clay. As thin as you want the earring to be.
  2. I picked some leftover colours, kneaded, rolled them out and plucked pieces with my finger so it has a rough edge and made them even thinner with my fingers. I worked colour per colour.
  3. Roll on the big terrazzo with a rolling pin
  4. Take your (cookie) cutters and push out the parts which you like the most. (NOTE: If you use a real cookie cutter, you can NOT use this for food anymore after using it for polymer clay)
  5. Bake according to your polymer clay package.
  6. Drill a hole and assemble.
13 Likes

those are cool, love the design and color!

1 Like

These are very pretty and the colors look great together!

1 Like

I love these! Terrazo flooring was a staple part of my childhood and these earrings evoke some serious nostalgia.

1 Like

They look great!
I know what you mean about the dust. I’ve always used rubbing alcohol. I’d imagine it does the same job as fingernail polish remover.

1 Like

They came out so great!!!

1 Like

Those are cool! They totally remind me of ones I wore in the 80’s.

1 Like

Totally awesome! I do so like jewelry with eye-catching geometric shapes. Nice!

1 Like

Very chic!

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

@geekgirl I think so. Before covid I couldn’t really find alcohol anywhere, and now they slap it in your face! :smiley:

@kittykill Didn’t know they came from the 80s! I’m guessing they were even bigger back then :D.

Cute and stylish. Great size!

1 Like

These are amazing! I’m obsessed with terrazzo. Love the color scheme.

1 Like

Thanks! This is a great way to use old leftover clay :smiley: I picked some leftover colours, kneaded, rolled them out and plucked pieces with my finger so it has a rough edge and made them even thinner with my fingers. I put those on a bigger piece of white clay, cut out and done!

2 Likes

These are really cool @Riechan! I love them :slight_smile:

Did you follow a tutorial at all? I’m pretty new to polyclay

1 Like

Nope, I didn’t. I have written a kind of tutorial in the post above of you’d like to try it :slight_smile:
Eta: I added the tutorial to the main post too!