Tetris Afghan (2.0)

September, 2008 - Riding high on the completion of Tetris Afghan 1.0, I ambitiously embarked on Tetris Afghan 2.0… in a different style, this time with granny squares!

…I finished it May of 2020. Sadly, this isn’t even my oldest project, but it’s one I’m very, very happy to get done, and I’m never doing a granny square blanket again. Joining them was… not fun. First, I had to find a way that made the ridges work with the overall look.

Whip stitching didn’t produce enough of a seam, holding them wrong sides together and crocheting through both created a problem when joining two different color squares, so… I went with crocheting through the back loops only of both squares while holding them on top of each other. It was… awkward…

Tetris Afghan Border

But it’s done! It’s done!

And just because, Tetris Afghan 1.0 with bonus Old Puppy photo… still miss that dog!

tetris afghan - finished!

tetris afghan puppy approved

I think, all things considered, I like the first version a lot more.

22 Likes

Those are both so cool! Would be a great way to scrap bust or something to do on long car rides.

1 Like

Wow, I can’t decide which I like more. I love them both for different reasons. And the puppy sways me!! :heart:

1 Like

They’re both brilliant! The 2.0 version is more colorful, but dang, close to being game over!

1 Like

I love v2.0! The edging really adds an extra something, even if it was a pain.

1 Like

They are both great but, I too, like version 1 a bit better. Maybe because it’s more obvious what it is since it appears to be the beginning of a game.

1 Like

Great that you managed to finish up this UFO anyway, even though you didn’t enjoy making it as much as the first one. And it is very pretty! And so was your dog :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That looks really great! Well done :smiley:

1 Like

I absolutely love the colors that you picked for this one including the gray border! I’ve never made an afghan with squares like this. I can only imagine getting the squares done and feeling a sense of accomplishment only to realize that you have to attach them all together. I applaud your effort and the time it took to make this thing!

2 Likes

Heck yeah for finishing such a long standing WIP! Well done.

1 Like

I love v2.0! it looks great.

1 Like

I love them both… good on you for slaying a UFO!

1 Like

Well, that is just fabulous.

1 Like

gosh, I love both!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Tetris Afghan is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

3 Likes

It looks great!

1 Like

It looks great, but oh man, I know what you mean about joining granny squares.

1 Like

Looks great! I too have crocheted a granny square Tetris afghan, and it took forever to seam everything together! Still haven’t woven in ends, and it’s been “done” for about 3 years now.

1 Like

I love them both, but I am a straight sucker for a granny square, so numero dos is my fave!

1 Like

This is amazing. I love tetris.

1 Like