Thaumatropes

Now that I’m pretty sure everyone has received, I can post my thaumatropes. I joined the happy mail craft-a-long, which is delightful fun. However, I’m not known for my skills in chit chat, whether in the written or verbal form.

I decided it was far easier for me to send a package of small crafted items and surprises appropriately named the Boredom Buster Box. I pretended of course that the package came from a company called the Bird Emporium of which I and @Jae3ird are the owners and operators. Obviously.

Anyhow my favorite item I included was the thaumatropes.

Side A:

Side B:

These were made from cardboard I recycled from the postage stamps I ordered and yarn that I had around the house. I cut out circles and brushed white acrylic paint on both sides and then drew my images first in pencil and then in pen, and colored in the images with watercolor.

They were delightful fun.

Here is the bug in a jar one in action:

Here is the bat and the moon one in action:

19 Likes

These are so cool!!

3 Likes

Thaumatropes!! These are SO awesome! How great that your kiddo is getting in on the fun!

3 Likes

Really cool!

2 Likes

SO cool!

2 Likes

What a delightful thing to send! So glad that your kiddo is also involved in the happy mail!

2 Likes

These are definitely very happy mail! I love thaumatropes and keep hoarding inspirations on pinterest. I will be adding yours!

2 Likes

Oh, they are wonderful!

2 Likes

These are fantastic. I might have to try one for my grand daughters.

2 Likes

Love Love Love! These are so cool. My favorite is the fishy and the bowl, but they’re all so cool!

2 Likes

Eeeps! These are so fun and so cool! I bet they are all beautiful. The fish and the butterflies are my favorites.

1 Like