The Best Blackberry Pie

Pie is one of my favorite things to bake but not always my favorite to eat, unless its blackberry or apple pie! This one is becoming my favorite. I’ve made this recipe a few times, but finally absolutely nailed it with this latest pie. (By actually remembering to add the proper amount of corn starch! lol!)

I love this recipe because you can use frozen berries. You can get a big bag of them from Walmart, most of the time! This last time they were out and I got berries out our local food-service/chef store. So, it has enough blackberries for like 3 pies! You just defrost the berries, sometimes I even speed matters up and do a light defrost in the microwave. Once they are defrosted you just mix all the other ingredients and then dump it into your prepared crust and add lattice on top. I always make my crust from the same crust recipe, which will be attached separately. Its my favorite, I’ve made loads of pies with this crust. Its a keep, fo sho!

Also, Its clear that I have a favorite latticing! Lol! I didn’t realize I did the latticing all the same on all 3 of these pies over the past year.

19 Likes

I love pie! Especially berry pies. This sounds so delicious! That lattice is super pretty, too.

I want pie now.

1 Like

It’s barely 6:00 AM and you’ve got me craving a big ol’ slice of your pie. Your lattice is gorgeous! Still, I wouldn’t pause more than a moment before cutting into this. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Mmm. Berry pie with whipped cream is one of my all time favorite things. Yours look amazing!!

2 Likes

Love your latest cooking and baking posts…but I will confess, this is my favorite one…PIE!

I love berry pies. Your crusts are lovely for presentation.

2 Likes

This looks scrumptious!

2 Likes

Oh most definitely! Homemade whipped cream to go with is a must!

2 Likes

They look amazing!

Man, you are making my mouth water! Looks delicious!

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Also, blackberry is my favorite pie/cobbler. I’m not a huge pie gal either (unless it’s a chess or a chocolate silk)— but blackberry. YUM!

I had a pie crust recipe years ago that was super simple and so flaky and I’ve lost it. Would you say this pie crust is flaky?

1 Like

I feel like it’s more of a solid crust, maybe just because of how it’s mixed together. But the taste is always amazing and bakes beautifully and I never had issues with it. I might just over process my dough when I’m whipping it through the mixer. Generally bigger chunks of butter in the dough make it more flakey. This crust is still a little flakey at the end, but just not a lot.

1 Like

I like the latticework too, wide and narrow strips intertwined. I will try that. Yours are perfect and would look enticing in a bakeshop window! What type of sugar sprinkles did you use on top?

Love blackberry pie like I love blackberry jam!

1 Like

That looks delicious & super pro!

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile: I use Wilton sugar sprinkles!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Sanjeev Mansotra, this pie seems so delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
I want to share my attempt with Oreos. I tried cake for the first time on weekends.
sanjeev mansotra
Please comment if you like my attempt.

1 Like