The Best Ever Oatmeal Cookies

Many years ago my Aunt Julie sent us cookies in a jar for Xmas. We loved them so much I begged her for the recipe. These are now almost exclusively the only cookies I ever make. Even my 13-year-old son asks for them!

Recipe:

1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1-1/4 c. quick-cooking oats
1 c. any flavor chips
1/2 c. oil
one egg
1 t. vanilla.

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into one inch balls and arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Notes:

• I have used chocolate + peanut butter chips in these cookies with great success.
  • I use a silicone baking mat.
  • You will need a bit of elbow grease to get these cookies to come together. But it’s worth it! :smile: :cookie:
7 Likes

These sound (and look) delicious!

1 Like

Mmmmm. I love an oatmeal cookie! These look scrumptious!

2 Likes

Mmmm, they sound yummy!

1 Like

Yumm! My all-time favorite cookie is oatmeal chocolate chip! These look delicious!

1 Like

Oatmeal cookies are my weakness! In fact I just searched oatmeal breakfast cookie recipes that you can cook in the air fryer for a quick morning delight

1 Like

Thanks guys! I hope you oatmeal cookie lovers try this one. I think it’s the cinnamon that really adds a little something. And they are slightly undercooked at 10 mins, so nice and gooey. :yum:

Yuuummmmmmmmmmyyyyy! We’re oatmeal cookie fans around here and these look like an excellent addition to The Cookies that are TheMisterT’s mom’s recipe and kind of a PITA with chopping dates and such.

yum! I’ll try to cook it tomorrow