The Claw Beckons

Who among us hasn’t looked at a miniature Punch and Judy theater and thought that needs to be a claw crane game? Oh. Just me? Anyway, this project was super fun to make.

The claw itself took some figuring out as I was limiting myself to materials I had on hand. I ended up bending four pieces of wire.

Then glued them together with E6000 and securing with a section of shrink tubing.

The prizes included toy fish and ducks I use as soap inclusions. A few are from a whimsy swap I participated in on the dead site.

To fill in I glued some googly eyes on a couple of pom poms. Now I want one of these full sized!

They are just beckoning you to come play the game.

The window ‘glass’ is a vinyl page protector I cut up and glued in place.

Thanks for having a look!

20 Likes

Claw machines are my guilty pleasure…I love this so much! Your mini version is awesome…the little pom pom prizes are adorable. Well done you!

1 Like

Thank you! Are you very successful at these? I am not!

I have a pretty good track record…evidence of a misspent youth…:wink:

1 Like

This is so fun! Now I want to win a duck from your machine to add to my claw machine duck collection. I just love this!

1 Like

Brilliant!

1 Like

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

1 Like

Those ducks came from Oriental Trading and… wait for it… they glow in the dark! Thanks much.

1 Like

I am always the one saying those things are rigged but I let the little ones play anyway…it is the idea that you MIGHT win that is important!

Love that you captured the essence of it…like do those claws really grasp anything? lol

Nice job on the details and the mesmerizing background that entices!

2 Likes

Shhhh, don’t tell anyone the toys are glued down. Thanks!

1 Like

I knew it!!!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is so dang great! I can practically smell the sea air and the taffy being made as this reminds me of the town of Seaside, Oregon in my youth.

2 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

Thanks so much, friends!

Cute! Bright colors, cute little faces.

But I am a little disappointed; when you showed the bent wires, I thought you were making a WORKING claw!
Now I’m trying to work out the mechanics of it, but I’m afraid they’re above my pay grade.

1 Like

You nailed it! Very cool. :heart:

1 Like

this is fantastic!!!

1 Like

This is amazing!!! I love the creativity!

1 Like

This is amazing!! I love the tiny details, especially the place to insert your money on the front :slight_smile:

1 Like