The Common Water Hose

The June theme in the Stitchalong thread is “everyday items”. We often don’t appreciate how useful and even how lovely some of these items can be. I had too many ideas whirling around in my head, but while cleaning and watering the yard, I decided that the water hose is often overlooked and taken for granted.

I found some grass fabric in my stash to use for the background. The water is DMC etouille thread with some metallic threads. I just cobbled together different images I found on the internet and roughly sketched them out. No fancy stitches…just whatever I felt I could manage.

Look around you…what everyday item can inspire you to craft something?

32 Likes

Really lovely stitching! Nice homage to the common hose! :sweat_drops:

1 Like

I can taste the childhood hot summer hose water, just looking at this!

4 Likes

This just says, “Summertime Funtime” to me!

4 Likes

Whoo, that’s so great, evocative. I feel the summer grass, smell the flowers, & hear that hose water splashing.

3 Likes

Thanks, all…I still love to blow the dandelion seeds all over the place…yes, lots of fond memories in this piece!

3 Likes

Love, love, love! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lovely. :green_heart:

I love that you took a moment to appreciate the mundane - how often we overlook small blessings! A great reminder to me that they are EVERYWHERE! And your stitching is perfect!

3 Likes

This is brilliant. The perfect grass background, flower heads that pop, and water that really looks like it is flowing. I adore everything about this.

3 Likes

Thanks…but I did notice after I posted that I have water suspended in mid-air…lol…A few more stitches and it will flow properly…

2 Likes

This is darling.

2 Likes

This is so great. I love it!

1 Like

I love this little snapshot of everyday life! Beautifully captured.

1 Like

What a gorgeous water hose. hahaha! I never thought I’d say that in my whole life, but it is totally fitting. Lovely little glimpse into everyday life that is often overlooked. How fun and happy!

2 Likes

I love all the tiny dandelion spores! And the stitching on the water really gives the impression that it’s flowing out of the hose. I don’t see any water suspended in midair, it looks just right to me. You did a great job on this and I love the prompt behind the design!

2 Likes

I love how the stitching is layered atop a pre-print fabric, giving the project more of a 3 dimensional effect.
Kudos for finding such a creative perspective on the waterhose!

5 Likes

Thanks! And, welcome to the community! I get a lot of my ideas and inspiration from here. We are all supportive and encourage creative projects. It is a lot of fun and never boring!

Have fun and share your ideas and projects!

2 Likes

:sunflower: :sweat_drops: Congratulations! Your humble celebration in stitches is one of this week’s featured projects! :sweat_drops: :sunflower:

1 Like

I love it!
I especially love the embroidered flowers on the grass print background.

1 Like