The Count of Monte Cristo Junk Journal

It’s been a while since I’ve made a journal, and this is my first foray into junk journals. This one is inspired by the Dumas novel The Count of Monte Cristo (my favorite book). There are so many themes in the book that I could include in my journal - nautical, captivity/freedom, filial and romantic love, faith, fate, tragedy, betrayal, greed/generosity, the French Revolution, travel, Paris, chemistry/botany/astronomy, knowledge, secrets, rewards/revenge…

I used a lot of printables, because they were gorgeous, and my stash of papers/stamps/stickers/etc. is miniscule. This was so much fun to put together and I can’t wait to get started filling it up.

There are 8 signatures and 122 sheets (244 pages) of paper/cardstock. It’s a mix of printed papers, cardstock, watercolor paper, and random papers. I used washi tape, stickers, craft paper, watercolor backgrounds, cheese cloth, ribbon, sealing wax, burlap, jewelry findings, beads, religious medals, and hemp yarn, leather, etc.

I still need to film a flip through, but I was excited to share. So, here it is and some of the fancier pages. Some printed pages I left as they were, and I left the plain paper alone (good for writing!), and some printed pages are lightly brushed with paint so they’re easier to write on.

A couple of the inserts:

16 Likes

So many wonderful little details! Love especially the elements that have the quotes on them. Do share a link to the flip-through whenever that is available.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m just waiting for better light - it was late in the day when I finished.

1 Like

WoW😍
This is awesome.
I also like that book(have reread it about 10 times i think)
Love the treasure on the spine😍

1 Like

Wow! This is stunning, well done

1 Like

Thank you!

How cool is this?!

1 Like

:exploding_head: wowwww! :exploding_head:

This is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the flip-through!

1 Like

Truly beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to try and film a flip-through today.

1 Like

This is beautiful! Love the pages that look vintage and that cover is just fantastic!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I’m drooling over those spine charms.

1 Like

They’re just attached to paperclips, so they can be placed anywhere!

I still haven’t gotten that flip-through filmed. Tried twice, but I’m having issues with my camera. Ran out of time this weekend.

1 Like

Non-paper crafter person question - what do you fill up junk journals with? More cool ephemera or like a regular journal… notes, recipes, project ideas? I’ve always wondered, never asked! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Genius!

1 Like

I plan to use it as a prayer/thanksgiving/quote/art journal…sort of a place to concentrate collected bits of wisdom and prayer and inspiration. But, currently, it feels too pretty to write in. Once the ooh shiny! wears off though…

1 Like